t h i r t y t w o

i wake up the next morning with a weight around my waist. with a squint of my eye i can see the long, pale arm thats draping over me. we're laying face-to-face, with our legs intertwined. bruises cover his body, every single one of them a different colour than the next. the purple ones are closer to his shoulders, with a few covering his knuckles. pale shades of yellow and green are splotched around his elbow.

my eyes travel up his face, taking all of him in. i let my eyes flutter shut slowly, knowing that we're safe in this room.

"morning," his voice is rough with sleep. my eyes shoot open in shock i thought he had still been sleeping. "enjoying the view?" he asks, his voice drawling on lazily. my cheeks heat up as i roll my eyes.

"you're full of yourself." he quirks an eyebrow up at me, challenging me.

"am i?" he asks, tilting his head down. he's so close that i can feel the puffs of air he lets out. i shrug my shoulders, not offering him a response. he smiles lazily down at me before pressing a kiss to my forehead.

"we'll leave back to hogwarts in thirty minutes, is that alright?" i nod my head, not wanting to stay here any longer than i need to. he brings his hand up from my waist and brushes it through my hair, swiping it out of my eyes. his fingers dance against my scalp, comforting me. i close my eyes peacefully, imagining what this year could have been like if it wasn't for bellatrix.

the thirty minutes go by quicker than expected. draco brings me out of my sated state with a kiss to the tip of my nose.

"come on." he sits up and stretches his pale arms above his head. i stretch out my legs, feeling the aftermath from the unforgivable. i wince quietly as i stand, but draco hears it. he walks over to my side of the bed, holding me up by my elbow. "take it slow." i nod my head. we slowly walk to the floo located in the living area where i arrived.

"you go first," he motions to the floo powder on the right. i smile at him as i scoop it up, trying not to let any fall to the ground.

"hogwarts!" my voice is loud and clear. i watch as dracos face fade away, and is replaced suddenly by the comforting view of the headmasters office. draco is behind me a split second later, his hand makes its way to the small of my back.

"my dorm or yours?" he asks as we exit the portrait.

"yours, theo's been staying at mine." draco nods his head and leads the way to the dungeons.

the common room is dead when we arrive, only a few first years are in sight. i watch as we walk by, they're playing exploding snap. dracos hand remains on the small of my back until we reach his dorm, where he only removes it to open the door for us.

"so," he starts. it's always unnerving when he's nervous. "i suppose i should tell you about the plan." i swallow harshly, feeling my heart rate pick up. i nod my head in agreement.

he inhales sharply before speaking. "bellatrix was a faithful servant to you-know-who," i knew that, i nod my head. "she's gotten it into her head that if dumbledore dies, she can bring him back." i furrow my eyebrows, not quite understanding. "she wants to bring back voldemort. and she's tasked me with the job of killing dumbledore." his gaze averts itself, he stares out the window into the green water of the lake.

"okay," i say, not wanting him to know how scared i am of this plan.

"my parents aren't even death eaters," his voice raises slightly. "my father doesn't have a fucking backbone," he sneers, his hands curling into fists at his side.

"at least it'll be easier with two people," i voice, wanting to make him feel better. his head snaps around immediately.

"no." his eyes are filled with an unknown emotion. "you're not to do anything, i'm the one who needs to do it," his voice breaks off at the end.

"draco, it'll be easier with me there,". i try to argue but he rolls his eyes at me.

"and risk having you killed?" he throws his hands into the air in exasperation. "no fucking way."

i blink at him. "there's a risk of us getting killed?" my voice is meek.

"are you an idiot? of course there's a risk of getting killed!" he shouts, his face heating up in rage. "i'm tasked with killing the headmaster, you don't think he's going to try to fight back?" i hadn't thought of that, really.

"merlin venus, you're fucking daft." i narrow my eyes at him.

"it'll be easier with two people," i exclaim, i don't want him to go through this alone.

"there will be more risk if you're involved, i'm not allowing for you to get hurt!" he shouts.

"good thing you don't have a say in it. bellatrix gets the final say," i huff. anger flashes in his eyes. i straighten my shoulders before standing up.

"we can discuss the plan later," i say before opening the door and leaving.

i have no idea what i've gotten myself into

i hear the door swing open from behind me and i'm suddenly pushed up against a wall. one of dracos hands is placed harshly on my shoulder, pinning me to the wall. the other hand is splayed against the wall, resting beside my head.

"we are not going to discuss this later," his voice is deep, making me shudder. "what i say is final, i'm not going to have you fuck up everything i've been working toward."

i blink at him, unsure of what to say.

"tell me you understand."

i nod my head quickly, not wanting to make him angrier than he already is. he sighs and pulls back.

"good."