Introduction

Nazli 

Nazli 

Nazli is the youngest in her family. She had a wonderful childhood thanks to her mother and elder brother, who adored her. However, it all changed the day her elder brother decided to marry his love against her family's wishes. He left home and she was sent far away to university in another country. She promised her father that she would not contact her brother anymore.

She landed in Istanbul after 7 years, her family moved to Antakya once her brother left. It was always her family that came to visit her. They are currently in Greece on a trip and she decided to make use of their absence and get back home finally. For them, she was not supposed to be back in the country till next month.

She took a deep breath and spoke to the security guarding a beautiful house. As she went in, she was met with a wonderful view of the sea and the city she missed the most. Ever since she was 18, she was away for her studies in London. Then, she got a wonderful opportunity to work as an intern in a Michelin star restaurant and continued to stay there. As part of her studies and jobs, she moved to Paris for a brief course in Patisserie and then to several other places, but it was Istanbul she missed the most. Though her father was against her idea to be a chef, he let her do what she wanted, in fear of letting another child fly away or so she thought. She would ease her family into the idea of Istanbul once she got everything sorted.

Her head chef informed her of an opportunity in Istanbul to work with his niece, who was looking for a chef and a partner. She wanted someone young to start off with as this was her first venture. The thought of being in Istanbul and meeting her brother made her agree immediately. Here she was to meet the person who presented her with this wonderful opportunity.

She went in and settled on the sofa as the cleaner instructed. She browsed on her mobile, texted to her best friend Fatos that her luggage was in Fatos's apartment and she is at the interview. It was then she noticed the cleaner had left and she was all alone. A middle-aged woman dressed in formals came her way and introduced herself.

"Ms. Nazmiye Pinar..." She said.

It has been ages since she heard her full name. It was the name she used only for official purposes as she preferred everyone calling her Nazli.

"I prefer Nazli... Are you Ms. Manami?" She said trying to find out if this was Manami from whom she got the address.

"Iqbal... Ms. Iqbal... I am the manager, and I would handle all the restaurant dealings. Manami is busy with sorting out the license so she couldn't come." She said.

"We got a wonderful reference from your head chef and we would love to work with you. If it is not too much trouble, could you manage a dinner for 10 people this evening? We have a party this evening to celebrate a new contract for the firm." Ms. Iqbal asked her to try to make it sound casual though it was to test her.

Nazli had other plans and did not think she would be cornered like that. However, she cannot deny the opportunity and agreed to cook.

"Fine... The menu and all the ingredients are in the kitchen. I will need to head to the firm now but will drop by later in the afternoon. Please stick to the menu." Ms. Iqbal warned her before she left.