Bets and Boys

Hoshi knows exactly where to take Jeonghan, and surprisingly the older let him drive. There were times where Hoshi was so excited he forgot he was driving and would stare at Jeonghan. Luckily they arrived in one piece in front of a small but cozy coffee shop.

"I chose somewhere quiet," Hoshi reveals as he rushes to open the door. Little things like this remind Jeonghan of Gyu, how detailed he was with his gestures, the way he always made sure to take care of him. He began to wonder why he and Gyu didn't ever go out like this. Jeonghan had an irrational fear that people would find out what they did behind closed doors.

SEVENTEEN was known for being affectionate with each other, but Jeonghan didn't want to ruin what they had. Yet he ruined it anyways by pushing him away.

Jeonghan found a corner to sit in and Hoshi sat right across, his smile revealed all his front teeth. Hoshi was always happy to spend time with Jeonghan and Jeonghan admired everything about Hoshi. Other than his talents, Jeonghan admired his ability to love.

"I'm going to ask straight up, Hoshi, do you like me?," Jeonghan blurts out with no reservations. And unexpectedly Hoshi answers, "Yeah, who doesn't, you're beautiful." The answer catches Jeonghan off guard, as he spits out his coffee and laughs.

"Out of the members at least 70 percent of us have had a crush," Hoshi recalls from years past. "We used to make bets on who would steal a kiss from you, or who you liked most." Jeonghan's jaw drops, "Did anyone win any bets?," he inquired.

"I think Cheol did once," Hoshi pauses, afraid of what a Jeonghan's reaction might be, "He said you kissed him back." Hoshi waited to see Jeonghan's face change, but he remained calm. "And I did," Jeonghan confessed.

He began to tell Hoshi the story of how Seungcheol had gotten a kiss. The way that he needed that kiss and Jeonghan couldn't deny him. Cheol was having a hard time being leader, being an idol and on top of that he felt like he was in love with Jeonghan. One day he confessed it all, and Jeonghan was speechless, he couldn't return those feelings. That night Cheol pleaded for Jeonghan to at least try, but he just couldn't. Jeonghan felt like he had to be true to his only feelings and let Cheol go. He gave the sorrowful leader a kiss and let him know it was the only kiss he would ever give him. That he loved him as a brother and nothing more. After that day Seungcheol set his goal on forgetting Yoon Jeonghan.

Hoshi listened intently until the end when he protested, "How come I didn't get a kiss." His cheeks puffed up as he pouted waiting for answers. "Horangi, you're like my baby, does a kiss really mean that much to you?,"

Hoshi looks up from his tantrum and nods his head yes. Jeonghan leans in and kisses the younger on the cheek, just a peck. "Ahhhh hyung, I'm in love," Hoshi burst into laughter.

When the laughter dies down Hoshi looks directly into Jeonghan's eyes; "I know exactly why you couldn't do it bro, I can see the love in your eyes, everyone can."

Jeonghan is shocked, but tries to hide his emotion with laughter again. "The way you look at each other, the fact that you make each other happy, and the way you're miserable when you are apart," Hoshi adds apologetically.

"Find your way back to each other," Hoshi finishes his heart to heart and they go back to joking around into the late hours. Stumbling into the dorms at about 1am, each going into their separate rooms.