SpellBound

Jeonghan wakes up the next morning alone. He checks his text and not a single message from Mingyu. The words from last night begin to haunt him. Maybe, Mingyu truly believed they were no good for each other. Perhaps he had finally given up.

Although it worried him, he had no time to dwell on it. Today Seventeen would perform at Inkigayo. Awkwardly enough Minhyuk would be there and Jeonghan had no idea how Mingyu would react.

As the time approaches Jeonghan's stomach aches. The anxiety physically made him sick and this was rare for a man like him, known to be fearless.

The vans were already full of Seventeen members, all impatiently waiting for Jeonghan. "Dokyeom you go get him," Seungcheol whined. Dk didn't mind going, to be honest he was a little concerned for Jeonghan. It was never like him to be late.

He finds Jeonghan sitting at the edge of his bed, breathing deeply. "I can't remember how to breathe, the anxiety just won't go away," Jeonghan panics. Dk softly pats his back, "Look at me," He instructs. "Do you remember the bungee jump?," Dk reminds him, Jeonghan only nods.

"You told me to break it open, now it's your turn."

Jeonghan regains confidence, "Let's break it open," he replies, as he heads out the door. Mingyu is already in the van when Jeonghan swings the door open. The seat next to him is occupied, so Jeonghan sits directly in front of him. As he takes his place in the van he grazes Mingyu's hand with his own. Mingyu looks up with a flirty smile and Jeonghan flirts right back sending an air kiss.

Wonwoo on the other hand is confused and taken back. Once they arrive at  Inkigayo Wonwoo pulls Jeonghan aside.

"What did you do?," Wonwoo begins his interrogation. "Yesterday he was doing well without you, today he's back in the same spell you put him in for years." Wonwoo was not the least bit jealous, he was only concerned for his best friend.

Jeonghan took some time to answer, overcoming the initial shock. Wonwoo had never spoken to him this way, yet he completely understood. "I was afraid, and I still am, but i'll do anything to prove to you that i'm serious," Jeonghan declares.

A tiny little bulb goes off in Wonwoo's head and Jeonghan can visibly see his amusement. "Anything you say?," Wonwoo smirks. Against all his better judgement Jeonghan agrees.

Wonwoo leads Jeonghan to the couch where Cheol sits idly. "Sing I believe," Wonwoo petitions. Jeonghan sings passionately and with no hesitation and Wonwoo is convinced. He joins Jeonghan in singing and nods in approval.

From across the room Jeonghan spots a nervous Mingyu. He walks over to comfort him, "Need help? You could end the stage like this," Jeonghan shows Mingyu different options, hoping to calm his nerves. The film crew makes their way over to them, and Jeonghan is forced to hold back as they record.

A Producer rushes in and calls out for Seventeen, the dressing room empties out. In the crowd Jeonghan loses sight of Mingyu and gets pushed to the back. On stage there's no time to talk, the mics are on, but Jeonghan only wants to tell Mingyu he loves him.

The music starts and it's too late, he tries to mouth I love you as Mingyu twirls in front of him. But Mingyu is too focused on the choreography and burdened with being the ending fairy. Finally Jeonghan's part with Mingyu arrives; As he places him arm on Mingyu's shoulder, he admires the younger mans beauty. "Wow," he mouths and gifts Mingyu with a big smile. Mingyu's heart still fluttered every time Jeonghan praised him.

Before entering the building this morning, Jeonghan had promised Mingyu he would stop at nothing to prove his love, and he wanted to believe that. He now spots Jeonghan in his corner starring directly at him. Further behind the MC's look on, including Minhyuk. Before Mingyu turns away, he hears a tiny voice yell, "Mingyu, I love you baby." and Jeonghan begins to throw heart signs at him. Mingyu returns the hearts and he feels like he can fly at the moment if he wanted to. Although he was nervous he ended the stage just like Jeonghan had directed and his heart felt full.

'Was it time to give Jeonghan another chance?' he thought to himself.