Strength in Numbers

Days had passed and no words exchanged with either Mingyu or Seungcheol. In a sense he felt less pressure this way, although he really missed them.

A text arrives just as he prepare to head to bed early.

Seungcheol : Soccer ??

Jeonghan thought long and hard if he should respond. A part of him didn't want to write back, the fear in him dreaded another argument. But he responded anyways, hoping they could resolve their differences and move on.

Jeonghan : i'll be ready in 5 minutes
Seungcheol : meet you there

As Jeonghan made his way towards Seungcheol he felt more at ease. The leader waited for him with a smile and that was enough to comfort his anxiety. "Hurry up," Cheol yells out impatiently. Jeonghan continues to tread slowly purposely.

"You never listen," Cheol whines and gives him a tiny push. Jeonghan waits awkwardly for Seungcheol to address what happened the other day. "I'm sorry," Seventeen's leader shocks Jeonghan, "You don't need my permission to be happy, but I want you to know I support whatever thing you two have."

He can't believe these words are coming out of Cheol's mouth but it's what he wanted to hear in the first place. He then hears laughter in the distance. Chan, Seokmin, Seungkwan, Soonyoung, and Jihoon all approach. "It's your choice, but maybe it's time you start letting the rest down gently," Cheol jokes around.

Although he was kidding, Jeonghan took it to heart. "Gather around," he shouts, "I have something important to tell you." Both Hoshi and Dk could sense what was coming, Hoshi wrapped his arms around Jeonghan's waist while Dk placed his head on Jeonghan's shoulder.

" I'm in love with Kim Mingyu and I want to be with him," he blurts out with no explanation. "I knew it, Mingyu got his way, how'd he do it?," Woozi grinned. "Be with you like how?," Dino asked confused. But Boo Seungkwan was the most shocked, he reaches out for Jeonghan and shakes him. "You mean this whole time, I could have perused Vernon romantically, and I- ," Seungkwan stops himself and looks around at the startled members. He lets go of Jeonghan's shoulders, "I mean, uhh, congratulations?," he utters, stepping back.

Jeonghan was relieved at their reactions, and only asked that they keep it to themselves until everyone including Mingyu, knew about it.

The members continued the night as usual, playing soccer until their bodies were exhausted. When everything ended and they headed back to the dorms, Woozi and Jeonghan walked a little slower to talk.

"I'm glad you two are together," Woozi warmly says.

"That's the problem, we aren't, I messed up and he swears I love all these other men," Jeonghan laughs nervously.

Woozi recalled the times Mingyu had asked for his help when he felt insecure. "Just show him that it's only you and him, find a way to prove it," Jihoon advises.

"And if it doesn't work out, you always have me," Woozi winks and lets out a loud chuckle.

Moments like this made Jeonghan wonder why he had waited so long to let the group know. Now more then ever he felt strong enough to face the world, and any consequences.