Getting Mingyu Back

Yoon Jeonghan was determined and despite Mingyu's unwillingness, he continued to try. Sometimes he would do little things like tiny notes in Mingyu's dresser. Other times he'd do grander gestures like send him gifts. But he knew from the start that getting Mingyu back would take so much more.

Jeonghan didn't have to do much thinking, he already had something in mind. Something he always wished he could do if he were braver.

Among the members, Jeonghan was one of the shyest. While it was so easy for others to show their true selves Jeonghan lacked that confidence. He recalled moments where the members would enjoy free time and have dance battles. He would sit far off, away from the action, hoping not to be called on. And in the event he was chosen, he would make an excuse not to participate. He feared not being able to measure up compared to the rest of the team.

When they debuted they gave him a visual role and he played it well. Acting out like an evil angel, confident in his looks. But in reality he admired the rest of the members, and he loved them for carrying him through tough times. When he didn't consider himself enough , or valuable for the team.

And what he felt he lacked in talent or in stamina, he tried to make up for it by taking care of Seventeen. By making sure they were alright, creating his own role among Seventeen members. This time wasn't any different, this time he would need his brothers once again.

Jeonghan begins by enlisting the help of Seungcheol.

The venue Jeonghan had chosen wasn't an easy task. But in true Jeonghan fashion he had a plan. "Just tell them it's for a special video Cheol," Jeonghan whispers after practice. Cheol's eyes widen at his bold proposal; "I can't just ask for these things Jeonghan, that's not the way it works," Seungcheol explains patiently. But he persist, unwilling to accept no as an answer. Finally Cheol gives in, "Fine," he shouts in defeat, "But I can't promise anything."

Satisfied, he moves onto a more difficult task. It was time to have a talk with the rest of the members, Vernon was up first.

Jeonghan knocks a couple of times before entering Vernon's fluorescent room. The room is completely quiet, Jeonghan almost turns away to leave when Vernon pops up behind him. "Need something?," Vernon startles an unsuspecting Jeonghan.

He was already nervous to begin with, the words seem to be lost in his thoughts. Finally regaining his composure, he invites Vernon to sit. Jeonghan knows Vernon wouldn't have a major reaction to the news, but he couldn't help but feel tense. "Vernon, I- ," Jeonghan begins, but is immediately cut off. "You're in love with Mingyu," Vernon casually says.

Jeonghan had stressed over this moment only to be caught off guard. "Wait, how do you know?," Jeonghan asks perplexed. "Boo told me," Vernon replies nonchalantly. Feeling more at ease after the revelation Jeonghan brought him up to speed with his plan.

His reaction was just as Jeonghan had hoped. So far every member was on board for Jeonghan's proposal. He proceeded to find the last two on his list. The china line were jokesters, this made it easier to approach. "I'm just going to make this short," Jeonghan declares. "Like Woozi short, or shorter?," Jun says jokingly. Jeonghan only grins, and continues, "It might be hard to believe, but Mingyu and I have loved each other for sometime, and I need your help to win him back."

"Wait, you cheated didn't you," Minghao blurts out, "You look like the cheating type." He stares firmly at the angel. "I didn't cheat," Jeonghan confirms. "He's probably not Mingyu's type," Jun interrupts. The two members begin to have a conversation on their own, until Jeonghan interrupts. "So you're not surprised? or bothered?"

Both Jun and Minghao bust out in laughter. "We already knew," Jun confesses. "Remember the time they had their date in Akita," Minghao reminds them. "Or the time Jeonghan said 'I love you' only to Mingyu in the group huddle," Jun adds. "It's the way the look at each other during 'Fear', for me." Minghao chimes in.

Jeonghan didn't mind all the jokes, he was just glad everyone understood. Regretting not entrusting his member with this secret a long time ago.