introduction

nct u make a wish — now playing

"hey, babe, let's go out!" donghyuck grinned at his idea after a long school day. he was walking along with his boyfriend, mark, and their third wheel, jeno who was silently staring at the ground in disgust.

"sure. see you tomorrow, jeno." mark agreed and the both of them waved at the lone boy beside them. jeno smiled back, telling them to go and have fun. the couple walked away only to be replaced by another couple.

"hey, chenleee!!" a small boy who seemed like still in kindergarten landed his little hands on jeno's shoulder making the older flinch. jeno looked over to see chenle proudly walking along with him while ignoring a running tall boy behind them.

"hey, your boyfriend's calling you." jeno looked back to where he was going and listened to the young man beside him.

"nah, let him be."

as if on cue, the tall boy threw his arms on chenle's waist with a pout on his face.

"chenle-ahh, i'm sorry~ let's go now if you're still up for it~" jisung cutely whined, swaying the older. when he noticed that chenle seemed unfazed, he puffed out his cheeks.

"okay, fine... i...." jisung let out a nervous sigh, he didn't even notice that chenle was slowly curving his lips and getting ready for him to say the line.

"i love chenle and i can't live in this miserable world without him who is the sunshine of my life.... even though he can get loud sometimes." jisung mumbled the last part, afraid that maybe chenle would hear it, but he didn't!

"that's my ji! now come on or we'll miss the fireworks!" chenle bursted out before dragging the younger out of the gates and to the park where the fireworks can be seen clearly.

jeno scoffed while staring at the young couple's backs that was now becoming further and further away.

lee jeno was always surrounded with couples everywhere. when he wakes up and get out, he was always met by people with their significant others doing anything couples would do. at school, he was more uncomfortable since his friends were in relationships too.

boy, he was so tired and envious and he just couldn't resist anymore. he could just wish he had a boyfriend. lucky for him, tomorrow is his birthday and he already planned something for himself.

he already made it out from the school gates and went straight to his house. it wasn't that far away from his school so it only took him about 50 steps to reach his home.

he opened the same wooden door and stepped inside the house. he was greeted by his brother as soon as he finished taking off his shoes.

"welcome home! did you have a rough day at school?" jeno threw his bag on the couch and went to the mini kitchen that was connected with the living room.

he watched as his big brother swiftly sliced carrots while making sure the soup was already cooked. his brother glanced at him with a smile but jeno just gave him a look that he always give every time he comes home after school.

"yeah, people these days always go out with their boyfriends and girlfriends with them. because of this, overpopulation is getting more serious every second. what do you think, taeyong?"

the elder laughed at his little brother's sarcasm. "since when did you start calling me by my name, huh?" taeyong let go of the knife and crossed his arms at his brother's overreacting dialogue.

"but anyway, you need to find yourself a girlfriend. Or a boyfriend, perhaps." jeno lifted an eyebrow before talking back, "said a 25 year old adult who has never dated in his life but still crushing hard for his boss who doesn't seem to notice his very existence."