twenty five;

"Attention students, the xxx High School participants are now arriving the school. The preparations for the Academic School Games are almost done so please stand by. Thank you."

All students' attentions were shifted towards the entrance doors where their opponents walked in. The first guy they noticed was Felix who was right at the middle with a smug smirk.

Meanwhile Mark and the others-especially Jeno-were focused on their old small friend. Huang Renjun.

Jeno stared at the small boy and was surprised when Renjun suddenly looked at him too. He quickly looked away but Renjun's eyes were still on him.

Jaemin looked at them both in silence. He could see the hearts in Renjun's eyes just like Jeno from yesterday. Jaemin hasn't been acting like himself since then.

Why does he feel so dejected about it? He doesn't like it when he catches Jeno and Renjun together or just staring at each other. It makes his heart feel like it's lifting weights.

Jeno, what have you done to me?

"Hi."

Jaemin snapped out from his ridiculous thoughts and realized Renjun was now standing in front of the older male. Jaemin watched Jeno point to himself confusedly, "Me?"

Renjun smiled, "It's been so long, Lee Jeno."

Jeno was perplexed but complied anyway. He smiled awkwardly towards the guy, "Yeah."

"Don't be awkward. We're still friends, right?" Renjun nudged his shoulders playfully and Jeno felt like he's being pulled back to the past again.

Right, they're still friends.

Just friends. Jaemin thought and rolled his eyes.

Jeno just noticed the white haired man beside him and took his hand. He looked back at Renjun with a pure and a slightly blushing face, "This is my friend, Jaemin."

Despite hating the situation, Jaemin smiled to himself when Jeno held his hand. He felt like he was being introduced as his boyfriend to his ex.

Renjun glanced at Jeno and Jaemin's intertwined hands before grinning shakily. He looked at Jaemin, "Nice to meet you, Jaemin."

Jaemin urged himself to look back at Renjun and grinned widely, "Yes, you too."

The two smiled but it gradually became a bitter staring contest. Renjun didn't like Jaemin being near with Jeno and Jaemin didn't like Renjun coming back to Jeno. It was like they were playing Clash of Clans through evil stares.

Once Jeno felt the awkwardness, he interrupted the two and acted calm. "So, uhh, what contest are you going to be participating, Renjun?"

The mentioned guy broke the fiery stare and focused on Jeno with dreamy eyes. He missed Jeno so much and he just can't wait to spend time with him again, but it looks like someone else is taking Jeno away from him.

"I'm up for the pastry contest. What about you?" Renjun answered.

Jaemin's eyes enlarged so did Jeno's, "The baking one, right? What a coincidence. Jaemin is competing there too. That means you two are... opponents."

After Jeno's reply, the intense staring contest continued. Jaemin is going to compete against this small dude, great.

"Oh really? It's a coincidence indeed." Renjun grinned. Unlike his smiling lips, his eyes were shouting curses at Jaemin.

"I'm gonna slice your neck and you'll never see the light of day ever again you bit- Ah, yes. Good luck to the both of us then. Although there's only one winner." Jaemin smirked.