fifteen;

"hyung, why here—"

"oh shi— they're here!"

"fuck, we're not ready yet! THE CAKE IS STILL IN THE KITCHEN! IT'S STILL IN THE FREAKING KITCHEN!"

"umm, ji? the balloons are outside..."

"CUT THE CRAP, HYUNG! WHERE ARE THE MARKERS?!"

"why am i even here... just to see how stupid these guys are at planning parties?"

"saids the gay who ruined jeno's birthday because of some watermelon!"

"HEY—"

"DIDN'T ANYONE HEAR WHAT I JUST SAID?! THEY'RE HERE!"

jeno and chenle watched as the four malfunctioning idiots froze from their positions and turned their heads to their direction. all their eyes on the birthday boy and their hyung.

everything in the two's vision was a familiar scenario, just like the mess they created back from when it was jeno's birthday.

hisung seemed to be writing something on the small whiteboard with a marker, he didn't even get to finish the sentence he wrote.

jaemin was about to head to the kitchen where the cake was still in, not to mention just how he looked like a mad chef who had just finished cooking more than five dishes with his crumpled apron and a hair that looked like a bird's nest.

hyuck was taking care of the electronics around the small stage inside the restaurant but then some stray dog came barging in so he had a fight with the animal. after that, he went back to check the lights but then noticed his boyfriend getting out of control with the balloons so he decided to help him out. but then they started arguing out of nowhere and the balloons ended up flying in the sky so he chose to go back to the lights but didn't realize jisung's foot ahead so he ended up stumbling down.

and mark, being the innocent gentleman he is, gave jisung a marker then smiled, not even knowing the candle he played with earlier fell onto the floor and the carpet began raging with fire.

in jeno and chenle's case, they had no idea if this was even worse than what happened from the past. it's like 'bros got your back on your birthday but it was a fucking failure 2.0'. this is why you should never trust your friends who suck at planning birthdays.

and for the second time, they messed up. this was supposed to be jisung's plan from the very start:

#1. jeno takes chenle to the restaurant jisung's uncle reserved without the boy knowing about the surprise.

#2. while jeno does his part, jaemin, markhyuck, and jisung sets up the small stage of the restaurant.

#3. when jeno and chenle arrive at the restaurant, mark would hold all the balloons, hyuck will adjust the stage lights into a color of yellow, jaemin was supposed to hold the cake while jisung shows his boyfriend a whiteboard that had the words 'happy birthday!' on it.

and they pathetically failed.

"what is this...?"

as soon as jisung heard chenle mumble, he changed the words from his whiteboard and showed it to him with a cute gummy smile on his face. at the same time, the three extras made their way to them.