twenty six;

(Pretty short chapter :'D)

➹➷➹➷➹➷➹

The first day of the Academic School Games passed, so did the contest that Jeno and Haechan took part in.

Jeno and Jaemin went to their house and found no sign of Taeyong inside. They then recieved a text from Taeyong, saying he's coming home a little late tonight.

The two teenagers beamed at each other and carelessly threw away their bags.

"Movie night!" They raised their hands in the air excitedly. Without wasting any more time, the both of them went upstairs to change and back down to get ready for their little night date at home.

Jaemin paced straight to the kitchen to make themselves some popcorns, teokbokki and a lot more homemade food. Jeno took out lots of snacks and chips from the drawer and then went on to do his job.

While Jaemin was cooking, Jeno prepared the couch where they would sit. He hung the string lights surrounding the TV area of the living room; he spreaded several pillows on the couch including the floor; he threw the snacks on the table and also opened the lamps.

Jaemin was done cooking and gently placed the food on the table. He then closed the lights and sat on the couch with Jeno.

"So, what should we watch?" Jeno asked after turning on the big screen TV.

"Horror movies would be nice." Jaemin answered.

Jeno turned to him with a cocky smirk before picking a scary movie. When he finally chose one, the two prepared by wrapping themselves with a thick blanket. Their faces grew very close and even held each others hands behind the blanket but they didn't realize it.

The movie started and they could feel their hearts pound.

"This is going to be exciting!"

Jeno smiled, "Never knew you liked these kinds of movies."

"I like being kept on the edge of my seat. Now, shush and let the movie night begin!" Jaemin exclaimed before the movie started.

They were basically just getting goosebumps the whole time during the movie and they gradually became stuck with each other's touch until it ended.

Half of their snacks ran out and the night was still long so they decided to watch a romantic movie. Something they've grew familiar with.

 Something they've grew familiar with

"I love this movie the most." Jeno muttered.

Jaemin looked at Jeno in curiosity, "Why?"

"Because it doesn't have a happy ending." Jeno answered bluntly with his eyes still on the TV screen. Jaemin was baffled by his answer and a bit offended too. Who wants to have a sad ending?

"But why?" He asked while puffing out his cheeks. Jeno eyed him and smiled, "Happy endings are too cliché."

Jaemin pouted, "That's because we want to be happy in the end. Don't you want to have a happy ending too?"

"I honestly didn't think about that. But in movies, I'd rather watch those with incomplete endings. It's fun and the audience gets mad because it didn't end the way they want it to."

Jaemin pursed his lips before watching back at the TV. Jeno did the same and only silence were filling the air.

Jaemin wasn't even focused on the movie, he was thinking about what Jeno said.

'The audience gets mad because it didn't end the way they wanted it to.' I suppose he likes seeing people sulk in the corner.

Once he glanced back at the screen, the two main characters kissed passionately. He liked those kinds of scenes because its sweet and it proves just how they loved each other.

Jeno glanced at the younger male who was now focused at the movie. But then his eyes landed on his lips. This time, he chose not to do it. He'll get rejected anyway.

Jaemin noticed him and turned to the side to meet his eyes. They stared each other until they fell for each other's gazes. For the third time.

Jaemin couldn't hold it no longer. He doesn't want to back away anymore.

"Do it."

Jeno was surprised but realized Jaemin wanted to do it too. Besides, what's so wrong with a small little kiss?

He gulped before slowly leaning his face forward against Jaemin's. He parted his lips slightly, he could feel the younger male's breathing and their hearts pounding at the same rate.

Jaemin closed his eyes and waited for the other's lips on his, but it never came. His eyes fluttered open and caught Jeno staring down in uncertainty.

Jeno still wasn't sure. What if Jaemin's letting him do it against his will? That would make Jeno look like a pervy bastard.

Jaemin was sad for he wanted to do it too but... some things just can't happen.

"Jack! Jack-Jack!"

He smiled and went back to the TV and chose to forget about what was about to happen. Jeno glanced at him before continuing watching the movie. They never spoke a word but despite the almost as embarrassing moment of their lives, they kept close.

Jaemin's head landed on the older's right shoulder. He closed his eyes after the Titanic sunk completely. Jeno smiled softly while staring at the sleeping teen. He then swung his right arm and landed it on the younger's shoulders, providing him more warmth.

He closed his eyes, hoping this moment would last longer and wishing the night never ends.

At the same time, Rose had lost his true love in the cold icy sea.