Accidental Meeting [1]

Your eyes fluttered open at the sound of heavy rain hitting the roof of the car, goosebumps forming upon your arms and legs as the weather began to hit you. Outside the window was a barely visible neighborhood, fogged up and being heavily rained down upon, this was your first glance upon the town you would call home from now on. Rain was never an inconvenience to you, it hardly ever rained in your old Californian city, so seeing your new town in this state made you incredibly grateful to be soaking up all the gloomy beauty.

"Mom, are you seeing this? I wish I had my Polaroid right now." Your mother chuckled to herself, taking her eyes off the road for a brief second to glance over towards your excited expression. "I know, isn't this such a big change to what we're used to? I'm glad you're already taking a liking to this place, Y/N. Might want to put your hoodie on now, we're already here." Watching the rain made you forget your surroundings temporarily, so you were quite surprised to find yourself already pulling up to your new apartment building. The car now parked, you and your mother moved as fast as possible in order to get a couple boxes out of the car and into the building, not wanting the cardboard to get soaked. Clumsily, you opened the buildings rusted doors with your foot, holding it open for your mother to get inside.

"Maybe we should save the unpacking for tomorrow," your mother remarked, looking down upon the damp boxes you both held in your arms, "just to save ourselves the trouble of not having everything we own get water damaged." This made you laugh, nodding in response as you turned towards the elevator. "Fourth floor, mom?" you asked, your mother nodding in response, allowing you to enter the elevator and push the floor button of your new residence.

Once the old elevator doors opened for you to exit, a chill ran down your spine, the box slipping out of your grasp momentarily. "Careful, honey.", your mother warned as she walked into the hallway, placing the box she held besides the door marked 403. Following after her, your eyes wandered around the hall as your mother fumbled with the apartment keys. This place was pretty worn down, but you didn't really care, if anything it just added character to the old building. Successfully unlocking the door, both of you walked inside your new home, and there it was again, the same cold chill you had felt in the elevator made it's way down your spine once again. "Jesus, what's with me today?", you thought to yourself, making your way towards one of the rooms in the apartment.

Opening the door, you loudly announced, "I'll take this room, mom!", wasting no time in putting the box down and plopping yourself down on the floor of your newly claimed bedroom. "Alright hon, make sure to take your stuff out of the box and make sure  it isn't wet. I'm going to call the movers and ask if they can come tomorrow instead, we won't be able to move our stuff in this weather today. We can get the rest of our boxes we took in the car later."

Without responding, you leaned against the wall and sighed heavily, glad to be out of the car but disappointed to not have all your stuff yet, at least you had some of your things. Reaching to open the box you carried inside, you carefully took out some of your most treasured items, checking to make sure they were dry. "CDs of your favorite bands, check. VHS tapes of your favorite horror movies, check. Your CD player, check. Doc Martens, check. Polaroid...oh shit, your Polaroid! The car!", without hesitating you ran out of your room and over to the room your mother was in, "Mom, I'm gonna run down to the car real quick, my Polaroids in a different box!"

Your mother knew how much you loved that camera, so she didn't bother telling you to wait until later. "Go quickly sweetheart, I don't want you catching a cold now." Without thinking you flew out the apartment door and into the hall, and BAM! You had just ran into someone head on, the collision forceful enough to send you both onto the floor, and onto your asses. It took a moment for you to process what the hell just happened, but once it hit you, apologies poured out of your mouth towards the person you had just collided with.