《21》𝐦𝐲 𝐟𝐚𝐯𝐨𝐫𝐢𝐭𝐞 𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐬𝐨𝐧 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐥𝐝

you and bokuto close the doors of the gymnasium, locking it up for the evening. as you two were walking down the sidewalk, he yawns.

"tomorrow is training camp week," he says.

"yup," you say, disinterested. would this mean i have to finish up my chemistry homework at the camp?😭

"do you know what schools are coming?" you question.

"just us and nekoma," he replies.

(a/n: please don't hate on me, i already have a plan with the nekoma and fukurodani training camp. if i added karasuno, i wouldn't know how to include them and stuff😭)

"so a whole week with my most favorite people in the world," you say and smile at him.

he grins back. "you haven't met everybody else in nekoma have you?" he asks. "oh, and the new managers are coming as well, right?"

"mhm,"

"the blonde girl is very nice. she's sorta shy, but she's got a good heart. her twin on the other hand... jeez," he admits, his eyes widening at the mere thought of her.

"I KNOW RIGHT? WHILE I WAS FILLING UP AKAASHI'S BOTTLE SHE CAME UP TO ME SAYING HOW HOT AKAASHI WAS AND STUFF. I TOLD HIM HE WAS TAKEN BY ME, BUT SHE MADE IT SOUND LIKE SHE DID NOTHING WRONG AND ACTED LIKE VICTIM. OH MY GOD, THAT BITCH!" you ranted.

bokuto laughs at you. "she asked me how many 'home runs' my team had made so far. GET IT RIGHT, YOU'RE THE FUCKING MANAGER, IT'S CALLED POINTS," he wheezed. you two had a laughing fit, unable to walk properly.

"kurbro!" bokuto yells. he runs towards a tall figure leaning on a tree. still wearing his nekoma uniform, you call out his name as well.

"you didn't have to go all this way to see me. i know i'm your favorite and all, but still." bokuto says. they do their usual "bro-handshake", smiling and goofing off.

"what are you talking about?" kuroo asks, smiling in confusion. "hey, y/n."

you wave to him in response.

"hm... i guess i didn't phrase it properly. akaashi always tells me to calm down when i get too excited," he thinks about it for a moment. "what i meant was why did you travel all this way to talk to me?"

"why would i travel all this way to talk to you?" kuroo points out. he smirks.

"i don't know- wait WHAT?" bokuto questions, suddenly realizing.

kuroo laughs at bokuto's disdain. "you're not my most favorite person in the world. you're probably second or third," he chuckled.

"wait so-"

"y/n is my favorite person in the world," kuroo coos. he hugs you from behind and puts his chin on the top of your head, arms going to your waist. he laughs at bokuto's realization. you smile.

"you're so mean, kuroo!" bokuto wails. dayum he didn't add bro to the end of his name🤭😟

"but i said you're in second or third place, eh?" he points out.

"if i was in third place, who'd be second?" bokuto asks. we are all walking down the street - side by side, kuroo no longer holding you and carrying both his backpack and yours. bokuto is currently dragging his feet in sadness, both from kuroo's "insult" and from akaashi not being here to carry his backpack for him.

waiting for the light to turn green, kuroo brings his chin back to the top of your head. his arms goes above your shoulders this time.

he sniffs your hair. "what shampoo do you use?" he asks out of curiosity.

you turn to face him. "ew, why were you smelling my hair in the first place?" you ask, clearly disgusted. kuroo frowns at your face.

"i need something that would help my bedhead," he admits. you look at his hair - closely the first time today. unusually, today it is tamer and neater. he must've done something to his hair this morning. it looks different and doesn't match his face.

"my hair gets in the way from being able to see you. to live a healthy life, i must take a peek at your stunning face at least once every 5 seconds," he says in a very formal voice. nobody has called me stunning before. not even akaashi - he hasn't even told me i looked beautiful. he only ever uses the word 'pretty' every once in a while and doesn't shower me in compliments as kuroo does.

"i- you- my- UGH. I HATE THE WAY YOU MAKE ME STUTTER WITH YOUR WAY OF WORDS," you yell. you bring your hands up to your face, hiding the blush that has spread all over. bokuto looks at all the commotion happening between the two of us.

kuroo removes your hands away, saying, "you should see how beet red your face is right now," he lifts your chin with his finger. "i'm not lying. you are truly stunning." he whispers, loudly enough for me to hear, but quiet enough for bokuto to question.

"what's going on? you two have been standing there even after the light turned green," he says.

kuroo grabs your arm, forcing you to quickly walk across the street. how long has the light been green?😭

—-

you three finally make it to the pavement leading up to your house. kuroo hands your backpack back to you. he's been holding your arm ever since walking across that street. and finally, he lets go of it.

"sorry for making you hold my backpack," you say, quickly looking the other way to avoid eye contact with him.

"it's no problem. i wanted to anyway," he says.

"KUROO! SLEEPOVER AT MY HOUSE TONIGHT! PLEASE! WE WOULDN'T WANT YOU TAKING THE TRAIN BACK TO YOUR HOUSE FOR THE NIGHT WOULD WE?" bokuto yells from the distance. he has been keeping his distance from you ever since kuroo had claimed you as his most favorite person in the world.

"i will! let me just say goodbye to y/n," kuroo yells.

"then say goodbye," you say.

he picks up a strand of your hair and twirls it around his finger, mesmerized. "see you tomorrow. goodnight and sweet dreams, y/n," he quietly says. he lets go of the strand of hair and walks away towards bokuto, turning around one last time, waving goodbye, lightly smiling.

you wave back and return the act.

as you enter and close the door of your house, your phone dings. you take it out of the pocket of your sweater and take a look.

unknown number
(7:01 pm)

hey! this is mina.
just wanted to let u know
that i got your number!
anyway, have u a good evening,
this is all i wanted to say!🥰

hey! it's alright lol
have a great evening too😽

(username changed to mina <3)