《25》𝐩𝐥𝐚𝐭𝐨𝐧𝐢𝐜 𝐯𝐬 𝐫𝐨𝐦𝐚𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐜

you turn to your side, facing him.

"akaashi," you say.

"i need to talk to you," he says. he looks at kuroo, face sour. "can i borrow her for a minute?" kuroo nods in response.

"i'll see you later," kuroo says to you before walking back to the gymnasium.

akaashi takes your hand and drags you away. he brings you to a large space of grass - one that you have never seen before. he sits down on a patch of green grass, patting the space next to him, telling you to sit down next to him. and you do he says.

"so... what did you want to talk about?" you ask. you look around at your surroundings, noticing a few trees here and there. the buildings are far, far away - and they look microscopic compared to before.

"us," he replies.

"what about us?" you question and start to fiddle with your fingers.

"our relationship with each other," he turns to look at you.

"oh,"

"i mean, we kissed only once. and that was yesterday. we only hugged a few times, we don't hang around with each other a lot - i think i'm failing at this whole 'relationship' thing," he admits.

you turn to face him, bring your gaze to him instead of the grass beneath you. "no... 'kaashi, you aren't failing anything. you've been a great boyfriend," you say. "to be completely honest, i think i'm the one who's made a mistake here,"

akaashi stares at you for a few seconds, admiring your features. "you know. you were never mine, to begin with,"

your eyes widen. "what are you talking about-"

"you're in love with kuroo, aren't you?" he nervously asks.

you no longer see the calm and collected composure akaashi usually holds. replacing his usual soft features, and a small smile, he portrays a hurt look instead.

you purse your lips and scrunch your eyebrows. "actually... i- i don't know," you admit.

"you are. you just don't see it," he holds one of your hands. "you've loved him even before i asked you out, i know it,"

you bring your eyes to him. "then why did you even ask me out?"

he smiles. not his usual smile, but a small sad one. "i asked you out because of the same way you're feeling right now, and even back then. confused," he softly says.

"what do you-"

"i think i'm in love with someone," he says. he tilts his head back, gazing at the sky. white clouds paint the sky, the sun burrowing behind them.

"oh,"

"don't get me wrong, you're an amazing person, y/n," he turns to face me, head still tilting back. "but i don't think it was meant to be from the beginning. we don't love each other,"

your eyes water. "but i do love you," you started.

"not as your boyfriend or a significant other. you love me as your best friend. platonically. but you love kuroo romantically," he sighs. "there's a difference,"

he leaves you in silence. the wind blows stronger as ever, messing your hair. the grass tickles your legs, and the sun reappears, shining in your face.

"you didn't know whether you were in love with kuroo or not, that's why you wanted to date me, am i correct? you knew you already loved me, and you wanted to see if you're feeling for him would grow even if you were dating someone," he explained. fucking psychic🧍‍♀️

"how did you know? i didn't even understand my feelings back then,"

"i know you, y/n," he sighs. "you're also really bad at knowing and understanding yourself," he smiles. finally, a real one. you laugh, a tear dropping down your cheek.

he wipes that tear away from your cheek. "don't cry," he mutters, which makes you laugh more.

"hey,"

"What?" you reply.

"this person i think i'm in love with," he turns to face me, his head not facing the sky anymore. "he's a guy," he nervously says.

you quickly turn your head towards him, your face breaking into a smile. what do you do? tackle him of course💅

you squeeze him tight laughing with happiness. "it's okay... you're still you. there's nothing wrong." he grunts and chuckles in response.

"did you just come out to me?" you grin.

"yeah," he laughs. "oh, i still like girls though. i think I'm bi,"

"whatever is okay... it doesn't matter to me. i still love you," you smiled.

he sits up, taking your hands away from me. his smile and facial features as bright as it has ever been.

"who is it?" you tease him and poke his side.

"why should i tell you?" he smirks.

"well, you know i like kuroo, so it's your turn,"

"i figured it out by myself,"

"but still," you pout.

"it's- none of your business," he remarks.

"meanie," you scoffed. "hey, we're still friends right?"

"of course,"

you hug him once again. "great. because i don't know what i'll do without you,"

and this time he doesn't refuse. "me neither,"

╔═══*.·:·.☽✧    ✦    ✧☾.·:·.*═══╗
yall i lwk dont know if this ff is a regular one, or chatfic, crackfic, an angsty one, etc.
literally every chapter is different than the last and idk why😭
like one chapter can be chaotic af
and then the next would be a serious one w some angst or/and fluff🧍‍♀️
my ff do be acting bipolar lately🤔
╚═══*.·:·.☽✧    ✦    ✧☾.·:·.*═══╝