《28》𝐝𝐨 𝐰𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐈 𝐬𝐚𝐲 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐈'𝐦 𝐝𝐚𝐝𝐝𝐲

(time skip to last day of training camp)

it's the last day of this week's training camp. it's been a stressful week as you've run back and forth, filling up water bottles, writing down scores, handing out towels, and changing the scoreboard. mina has been helping you all week, asking if she needs to do anything that hasn't been done yet, while also being out of your grouchy way.

on the other hand, hana hasn't been doing anything useful at all. she's either been sitting down on the bench, playing with her nails, and giving compliments every now and then. the only useful thing she's done is handing out water bottles and towels to kuroo, and only kuroo. she's not the manager for their team, they have their own manager.🙄 I hate it here, I need to relieve some more stress as soon as possible😭.

—-

as soon as the practice match with nekoma was finished, you stormed over to kuroo, who was sitting down on the bench, drinking his water. sweat was dripping down all over his face, but luckily, a towel has been placed on his neck. you stop right in front of him. he looks up in confusion before he smiles softly.

"i need to relieve all this stress, ugh - what do i do? i wanna sleep so bad right now but it's too early, but then i also wanna eat, but i don't wanna gain weight, SO WHAT DO I DO?" you complained. his eyes widen, and he stifles out a small chuckle.

"wanna play volleyball?" he asks.

your jaw drops. "why?"

"why not? i play volleyball whenever i need to relieve some stress... it's fun," he says.

"but you're a volleyball player. it makes sense. i, on the other hand, am not," you argue.

"just try it out," he insists.

you roll your eyes, walking away. "wait come back," he yells. he stands up, starting to follow you.

you pick up a white volleyball from inside the cart, holding it. kuroo now standing beside you, you ask, "now what? do i just like, throw it up in the air or something," you spin the ball a couple of times in your hands.

"girl- you're a volleyball manager, you know how this works," he deadpans.

"i was being sarcastic," you frown.

"i know," he smiles. he puts his water bottle and towels down on the bench before coming back towards me, standing a few feet away from behind.

"do you know how to pass it to me?" he asks.

"yeah, it's easy," you say.

you lowly through the ball up in the air, and bring your arms together - the insides facing upwards. as the ball comes in contact with your skin, you lightly bump it, aiming towards kuroo. suddenly, another boy in a red jersey runs in front of him, perfectly receiving the ball. he looks up at me, the ball dropping down, and smiles. oh, it's him.

"nice to meet you again, y/n!" yaku exclaims. he runs towards me, stopping an inch before my face.

"yaku," I say. he nods his head.

"you're the girl kuroo talks about all the time, aren't you?" he asks, loudly enough for kuroo to hear.

"I can hear you!" he yells.

"THAT'S THE WHOLE POINT!" yaku yells back, turning his head to look at kuroo's agitated expression.

"you're so annoying and basic, you denature my enzymes!" kuroo scowls.

"Speak English!" yaku hisses.

"so... anyways," you add.

yaku turns back to look at you, ignoring kuroo. "pass the ball to the libero instead of that giant. let me play," he insists.

"yeah, you can play. who wants that beanstalk anyways?" you tease, loud enough for kuroo to hear.

"EHHHH! you must be talking about tsukki pfft. that boy never stops growing," he rolls his eyes.

"shut up, Kuroo-san. she's talking about you. let's play now," yaku fumes, resulting in a scoff from kuroo.

yaku now holding the ball, he passes it to you, and you perfectly pass it back to him. getting on his nerves, you and yaku tease kuroo around, never passing it to him.

this goes on for almost ten minutes. kuroo no longer enjoyed and enthusiastic about playing with you, but now sadly sitting down next to kenma.

"we've been passing for so long now. can you teach me something else?" you complain.

with that, kuroo suddenly looks up, staring into your eyes. "wanna learn how to serve?" he asks, his enthusiasm coming back.

"I can teach her," yaku suggests.

"you're the libero. you barely know how to do a good jump serve," kuroo rolls his eyes. he stands up, walking towards you.

he pushes yaku aside and holds a volleyball. yaku now on the ground, he's glaring blades at kuroo.

"since you don't know how to serve, let's start with an underhand serve," he says. you nod your head.

kuroo walks behind you, his chest pressing against your back. his hand comes from behind, holding your dominant arm. he brings your arm back, getting you into position. you shift your weight to your dominant leg - positioning it backward, and your hips face forward. you steadily hold the ball in front of you with your non-dominant hand, straightening out your arm.

his touch ever so light, but yet hold so much recognition. his fingers play and glide on your skin, but the palm of his handholds your wrist firmly. his breath is hot next to your ear, sending chills down your neck and spine.

"choose where you want to aim first," he whispers. his voice, deep beside your ear sends shockwaves all throughout. you try to focus on the trajectory of the ball, but you can't think of anything besides the heat coming from kuroo's body transferring onto yours. "make a fist with your hand, and then lower the arm holding the ball. bring your shoulders forwards as you do so, and then draw your dominant arm back. make sure to follow through as well," well uh okay daddy, whatever you say😻.

doing as he says, he lets go of his grip and stands a few feet away to your side. watching you perform the task, he crosses his arms in front of his chest. you hit the ball, following through, and watch as it flies through the air, curving towards the side - right where you aimed for. you watch it go past the net, and land on the other side of the court.

smiling out of happiness, you grin widely towards kuroo, watching his satisfied expression. "that was easy," you boast.

"It isn't anything compared to my jump serves though," he brags, uncrossing his arms.

"may I remind you that I am not an actual volleyball player," you say. "if I was, then you better watch for me, because I will reck you," your head tilts to the side, as kuroo registers what you say.

"oh, do please reck the fuck out of me," he smirks.

you punch him and bring him to a headlock. you ruffle his hair and say, "you and your dirty mind. this insane bedhead as well. you need to fix it,"

"yes, mommy," he teases.

"shut up before you activate my mommy kink full-on," you squeeze him tighter.

he slaps your arm. "can't breathe" he says between breaths.

you let go of him before walking away. do what I say like I'm daddy🙄💅.