《33》 𝐚 𝐛𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐡𝐝𝐚𝐲 𝐩𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐞𝐧𝐭

"HAPPY FUCKING BIRTHDAY YOU DAMN NERD," you yelled out.

"AH FUCK OFF- WHO, oh-" kuroo screams out of fear. "OH, this is supposed to be a surprise," he then reciprocates himself.

you jump out of the tight corner, kicking bokuto midst jump. bokuto falls backward, landing on akaashi, and both are toppled on top of each other. kenma crawls away, still sitting on the floor, playing his game - not even glancing at kuroo's way.

you become the first to stand, leaving the poorly injured and unfazed on the floor. you run towards kuroo and hug him tight. his eyes slightly widen, and his bedhead is as messy as ever, and he has small, but noticeable dark circles underneath his eyes. his mouth grows agape, and he hugs you back with one hand, a smile slowly growing on his face.

bokuto stands up, running your way, almost tripping on his feet. he tackles both you and kuroo to the ground, pushing you off his touch.

"fuck off, y/n. it's my turn to hug him," bokuto yells, clearly amazed at his accomplishment.

"YO! BOKUBRO, YOU'RE HERE TOO?!" they both stand up, still hugging each other.

"OF COURSE!" bokuto yells back.

"let me just stay with kenma," rolling your eyes, you stand up - wipe the dust off your pants, and sit back down with kenma.

"i think bokuto loves kuroo more than you," kenma whispers, loudly enough for both you and akaashi to hear.

akaashi sits next to kenma, watching as he fights off the monsters on his Switch.

"yeah, no shit sherlock," you mutter in response.

you nudge akaashi with your elbow, "why don't you wish the birthday boy?"

"it'd be awkward," he replies.

"is it because of the whole kuroo situation-"

"it's not because of kuroo," he adds. you look at him. he stares at the two huggings, his eyes slightly narrowing at the unforeseeable sight.

"is it because of bokuto?" you slowly ask.

moving his gaze to his fingers, the boy nods his head in response. you watch as he fidgets with his fingers, biting his bottom lip - a habit of anxiety.

"why?"

"i'll tell you next time," he says. "go get your man," he smiles. usually filled with happiness and genuine compassion, his smile instead, shows signs of empathy.

"you know we all love you, right?" you flash him a small, short smile.

bringing his head to your shoulder, you ruffle his raven hair as he snuggles into you. for a moment, you felt like everything stopped. nobody moves, no emotions felt, just everything stopped. and you could've sworn you heard the raven-haired boy snuggling into you sniffle.

—-

"so... rooster head," you start.

sitting on the sofa, with a plate of chocolate cake in your hand, you turn to face kuroo - who has plopped down beside you.

bokuto and akaashi are both sitting on the kitchen counter, eating cake and talking. kenma probably hasn't moved an inch and is still too busy on his Switch.

poor kid didn't receive a birthday greeting from his best friend yet🥺 what am i saying, kenma was probably the first one who greeted him today - they lit rally go to the same school🧍‍♀️.

"why did you leave so suddenly last night," you ask, smirking maliciously. "you literally left me on opened, in real life,"

his small smirk immediately turns into a frown. "i literally tucked you into bed. i didn't mean to go so- why are you looking at me like that?"

wiggling your eyebrows and narrowing your eyes, you ask once again, "why did you leave so suddenly last night?"

he rolls his eyes. "you really wanna know?" he says.

"duh," you say, nodding your head.

"i got- i- me- you made- um... hard," he stutters. kuroo lowers his neck in embarrassment as your eyes widen. "i got uh sorta hard,"

dang, i should've just let him slam me against the wall last night😩 you burst out of laughter, placing your paper plate on the coffee table. smacking your hand on your thigh and laying your head on his lap.

"it's not my fault," he grunts. "you said you didn't want to take it far yesterday,"

"mhm... you wanna know why?" you raise your eyebrows at him.

his lips turn into a fine, straight line. "we aren't even dating. bet that's what was going on through your mind," he says.

"ding, ding, ding... and we got ourselves a winner!" you enthusiastically say. you bring your eyes to look at his golden ones, your head still laid down on his lap.

"but do you want to?" he smirks.

"you get points added for being so dang smooth." you stifle up a small laugh and pinch his cheek.

he looks at you, eagerly waiting for a response.
"yes, birthday boy,"

his mouth slightly opens as he looks for signs of sarcasm and lies throughout your face. he sees none.

"i- are you sure?" he frantically asks.

you sigh. bringing both sides of his cheeks down towards you, you press your lips to his. breaking apart, you stare deep into his eyes. "didn't buy you a present, so here it is," you smile. he smiles back. not his usual 'playboy' or narcissistic smirk, but an actual and genuine one. his cheeks tinted pink, you poke his nose.

"happy birthday."