《35》𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐛𝐢𝐠𝐠𝐞𝐬𝐭 𝐰𝐢𝐧

akaashi's pov

i watch the silver-haired boy flutter his golden eyes closed. he's laying on his stomach right beside me, all snuggled up in his blanket. i switch my position from facing the ceiling to face him instead, and my gaze bores into his face, admiring every little detail. from his long eyelashes to the natural pink dusted on his cheeks.

a small strand of his hair falls in front of his face. his steady breathing lightly breezes the stray silver strands, and before i know it, my finger comes centimeters away from his face, picking up the strand of hair and tucking it away. my finger comes centimeters away from his cheekbone and lightly brushes the soft skin. i lightly touch his cheek - his smooth skin of his sending small sparks of electricity to my finger.

i lightly bite my bottom lip and squint my eyes, the effect of drowsiness and sleep almost taking over. my finger drags itself to the high of his nose and down to the outline of his peach-colored lips.

how can someone be so beautiful?

my breathing automatically slows down, one of the minor side effects that happen when i admire him for too long. i pull my hand away, bringing my body farther away from his, nearly falling over the bed before something uncanny happens. but it's more as if his body comes closer and near to mine.

i flip my body, facing the ceiling once again. my breathing becomes labored, and my thoughts take over once again. worried about what would happen if he wakes up to see me caressing him. does he even go for guys?

forcing the thought out of my delusional mind, i shut my eyes closed, and my fingers fidget underneath the blanket. it's getting too hot here.

i rip the blanket free from me and sit down on the edge of the bed. taking a peek at bokuto once more, i walk across his bedroom. my feet drag across his cold wooden floor, and as i was about to reach the knob of his door, he speaks.

"akaashi~" he groans.

i turn around to find his arm out, reaching towards me, trying to prevent me from leaving his room.

his eyes flutter open, his golden orbs staring intently at mine. i slowly walk to his side and kneel, bringing my face close to his - but not close enough where any sexual or romantic intentions were necessarily shown.

"stay here," he mutters.

his finger, steal reaching out towards me goes between a stray piece of my hair. he twirls the strand between his two fingers.

"why?" i ask. i look down, staring at the floor, and my eyebrows scrunch in nervousness - remotely because i was afraid of his answer.

"so pretty," he says under his breath. my eyes immediately perk up, looking at him. did i hear that correctly?

"bokuto-san. just go back to sleep. you're tired." i say. though that sentence was meant for bokuto to hear, i was also insisting on it for myself.

delusional thoughts are a side effect of tiredness. it's not a big deal.

his fingers drop from the stray strand of hair, and down to my hand. he tugs on it, insisting that i stay and go back to the bed.

"agaasheee~" he coes. out of my second nature, i instantly go back to my previous spot on his bed. wherever bokuto must be, i have to follow. both for safety reasons and something else.