《40》𝐦𝐨𝐦

it's painfully early in the morning— 10 a.m. to be exact. the sun is shining brightly through your window, and the birds are chipping. everything is normal. until you remember what happened last night. kuroo went 5 rounds. nonstop. all night.

finna need a wheelchair once I get up👩‍🦽🙄.

you notice the other half of the bed is empty. kuroo fell asleep beside you at 2 a.m. last night, not bothering to even try and make it home. the other side of the bed somehow seems disappointingly empty without him🥲.

you sit up and rub your groggy eyes, as your vision starting to clear. a cold chill around your room makes you shiver, only for you to realize you're still naked.

"what the fuck?" you groan. "he couldn't even put my clothes on for me?"

you stand up and wrap yourself around your blanket, trying to search the floor for your clothes.

you immediately fall back down, yelping in pain with a hand to your stomach that's unquestionably aching. everything hurts down there, and you struggle to stand back up.

where are they? you search all around, and yet, your clothes still couldn't be found. and that's when you notice two things.

one, you're perfectly clean. now sweat or anything sticky on you. your hair is nice and soft, not like the tangled mess it was last night. your skin feels the softest it has been in months. fuck it, this is the afterglow gifted by the Gods.

and two, your clothes were nowhere to be seen. it was when you finally look up to your desk chair, you find a small pile of yesterday's clothes neatly folded in place.

"simp." you mutter as you put your clothes back on.

after putting on your hoodie and sweatpants, you head downstairs to the kitchen. you take extremely slow and calculated steps. if you were to go any faster, you would've fallen once again.

something's sizzling on the stove. the smell infuriating the whole house. the clatter of plates and cups. the sounds of footsteps.

"You can put the plates on the counter," A familiar feminine voice speaks. You freeze in the middle of the hallway, a shiver going down your back. "Why isn't she up yet?"

Someone laughs in response. The kind of laugh where it'll brighten up everyone's moods... a genuine laugh. The same one you've grown to adore over the past months. Where everybody thought it was unsightly, you thought of it to be unique. because no way in Hell are you making fun of a laugh that sounds all too familiar to yours. That'd just be backstabbing yourself💀.

"Mom," you speak up. The cold hardwood in the kitchen tingles your feet as you make your way to the kitchen counter.

"Good morning." she smiles. On the stove was your dear mother making (favorite breakfast).

Your eyes widen as you see Kuroo setting up the utensils on the counter. "Morning, y/n."

"Good morning." you smile nervously.

you never told your mom about kuroo. heck, she doesn't know about all the shenanigans you've been through these past months with your new friends. you can't possibly imagine the look on her face when she realized a boy has slept with her teenage daughter throughout the night.

"You didn't tell me about Kuroo." she clarifies as she continues to work on the pan.

the nervous smile on your face drops and you bring your gaze to your feet. you start to fiddle with our fingers. "Well uh, we just recently started dating."

"Mhm," she hums. "Get out of my house."

you freeze. "w-what?" you manage to squeak out.

she turns to face you with a stern look on her face, her hands on her hips. kuroo's gaze between the two of you widens in shock.