Part 2

Part  2:

There were vacancies in a leading radio station here as telecomm engineers. Wow.. this is something interesting... and may be I should give it a try.. i opened the page... and read the details... Holy shit.... tomorrow is the last date to apply... as well as the interviews will also b held tomorrow.... I sprinted to mom and dad... and informed them.... Mom... who just 15 minutes back was scolding me for my laziness... was now busy with the iron and my formals... I smiled... “mumma I can do that”... she glared.... “shut up and go to papa”... I went... papa handed me his tab... with some page opened... it was related to basic work of  telecomm engineer in radio related services... “papa this is awesome.. thanks a lot”.. he hugged me tight and asked me to read every detail of it... I came back to my room.... mumma was mixing some powder and milk in a bowl.... she passed it to me... “apply it”... some stupid face pack... “mumma...” I tried to say something but she continued.. “you should look fresh in the interview.. so just shut up and apply it”.... huh... “shut up” was my mom’s favourite word for me.... her instructions continued... “ sleep right now... no tuk tuk on phone”...  “good night mumma”... i sighed...

So.. this is how my parents are.... other than permitting me to go and settle in another city... they would permit and agree to everything....

Next day.. early morning... i woke up... only to find out... mom dad were already up.... I got ready and started for the day.... papa dropped me.... I knew... interview would go well.... I went up to the office... completed the formalities.. and started waiting for my call.... around after  good 2 hours.. “Sanyukta Agarwal”.... yap.. that’s me... I went... before entering... I just remembered mumaa and papa’s face once.... The interview went pretty well.... And... with around 5 other people... I was selected....

Damn man... I was selected.... I danced in my mind.... I was handed the offer letter.... I had the joining next week.... headed back home.. with a happy heart.... at home.. we celebrated and had a good time... after a long time... there were no councelling classes and lectures at the dinner table...

Back to my room.... I was too excited to be tired.... zzmmm... zzmmm... my phone buzzed...  It flashed... “Randheer”.... my college bestie....