The game

I was sitting in class while I was thinking about everything Rachel told me. How could have I missed Dylan's looks? Apparently, everyone knows. He's in my mind for too long. I was now sitting with my mind empty. After a few minutes, he entered the classroom and took his seat. 

Rachel was right. He has an earring and a tattoo. It's some kind of lion on his right arm, I didn't see it well. An earring was a black cross. He really looked good. The class passed faster than usual and we were eating outside. 

Becky: You were right, he is handsome. 
Rachel: Told you. Do you still think Khloe will stay away from him?
Becky: I'm not so sure now.
Rachel: You admit you were wrong?
Becky: Not yet. The bet is still on. 
Rachel: Wow, you really want to be with Brian. 
Becky: Oh shut up...

It was the middle of the week. Nothing interesting was happening except me thinking about the bet more and more. If Rachel wins this, I'm screwed. It's not like Brian is bad or something, but everyone would judge and think I lost my mind.

I had such a bad feeling about everything. It seemed so unfair to Brian- he didn't even know that one of us will break his heart at the end of the month.  

But I won't be the one. I just have to make Dylan look at me more than Khloe by the end of the month. After that, he can be with whoever he wants. 

Becky: Hi! I'm home.
Michael: Where were you for so long?
Becky: I'm tired. Looks like I walked slow. 
Michael: Right...
Becky: And why are you so early?

Michael: Katty covered my shift. I'll take hers on Friday. 
Becky: My 24 years old brother doesn't have anything better to do on Friday night?
Michael: Not really.
Becky: That's sad. Good thing I have a life. 
Michael: Really funny... We'll see for how long that life will go on. 
Becky: It won't stop at 24... that's sure. 

With that being said, my parents entered the house. I hugged them and went to my room. The bet wasn't going out of my head. I have to do something about this. Dylan obviously plays basketball, I should come to his next game. It's usually on Saturdays, but I'll check tomorrow at school. 

I was leavening the hall after I looked at the schedule. The next game is Saturday at 6 p.m. 

Rachel: Hi. What were you doing at the gym?
Becky: Nothing. I was looking at the schedule. Looks like the hall is free on Friday. 
Rachel: Actually, I have to go to see my grandparents this Friday. But I was thinking if you want to come over for a sleepover. Saturday to Sunday?

Becky: I can't. I... I'll probably study for the next week. 
Rachel: We don't have anything important next week. Just Franch. 
Becky: And my parents were talking about... something like going shopping or something... I really can't on Saturday, but we can meet on Sunday? 
Rachel: Sure.

Jackie: Hi.
Becky: Hi. 
Rachel: Hi. Do you have any plans for the weekend?
Jackie: Not really, why?
Rachel: Wanna come for a sleepover? 
Jackie: The three of us?
Rachel: Just you and me. Becky has plans. 

Jackie: Sure. You can come to my place, my parents are on a business trip. 
Rachel: See you there. 
Becky: You two done with plans?
Jackie: Yeah... How so you won't come?
Becky: I'm probably going shopping with my parents. 
Jackie: Too bad.
Becky: Yeah, I'm sorry. 

I'm such a bad friend. The two of them think I'm gonna be at the mal while I will be here- trying not to lose from Rachel. 

Saturday was here. I put on blue jeans and a black crop-top shirt. 

Becky: Bye guys!
Rose: Where are you going?
Becky: To see Rachel. I'll be home by midnight. 
Rose: Have fun. 

I lied to my parents too. I'm such a liar. I turned the car on, ready to leave when I saw Michael knocking on the window. He was smoking outside so our parents wouldn't find out. 

Becky: Yeah?
Michael: Where are you going?
Becky: To see Rachel. 
Michael: Rachel lives just a few houses oppositely. 
Becky: Damn it. 
Michael: Spit out the truth, sis. 
Becky: I'm going to see a game in the sports hall. 
Michael: Why?

Becky: None of your business.
Michael: Becky. I won't tell dad, just tell me so at least I know where you are. 
Becky: I'm just going to watch the game. 
Michael: Becky?
Becky: I'm serious. 
Michael: Okay, but take care. And if you need me, call. 
Becky: Sure. Just don't say anything to our parents. 
Michael: Okay. 
Becky: Thanks. 

He smiled and I left. 

At least Michael will know where I am- in the case of karma comes to me because of all the lies I said today. 

The game started. I was sitting all the way from the back- not sure why. I still don't know if I want him to see me or not. This way, I can look at him and Khloe in the first row. But if he sees me, I don't know... maybe he assumes something. I don't know- this is a hot mess. 

The game was at the half and he didn't see me or look at Khloe. I was starting to have some faith that I could win this bet. 

The end of the game. Khloe already left so I was relieved. I stood up, looking at the players standing and celebrating their victory. Suddenly, Dylan noticed me. He was looking straight into me for a few seconds and I was staring right back, not exactly sure what to do. I was the last person he could think of coming here. I looked away and started walking toward the exit. 

*What was she doing here?* 

Okay. This was bad, but not necessarily. At least he's thinking of me- better me than Khloe. Just two more weeks and the win is mine. 

Since I was walking around the city for a while, I came home pretty late. It was half an hour before midnight. While I was unlocking the house, I saw Rachel's car passing by. I hope she didn't see me.