The night

*Okay, this could go really good, or horribly bad* he was thinking.

I was sitting behind him. I have never ridden on a motorbike before, so I was really enjoying it. I was all in my thoughts, so I barely heard his. 

We were there. I'm not sure where, but we stopped. In front of us was a park. Gravel paths were zig-zagging through the park. The city was behind us and there wasn't much light here. 

It seemed a little creepy, but I wasn't scared. We took our helmets off and started walking. Dylan started small-talk. Like we're okay... I mean, we are- I think. I don't know. Rachel was right- what the hell are we?

While talking, we sat down on a bench in the park. It had a view of the city. It looked so cool- with all the lights and cars driving. I could hear people singing in the distance.

Becky: Wow, this is great. Do you live somewhere here?
Dylan: No, I used to live here. 
Becky: Why did you move?
Dylan: It's a long story.
Becky: And we have time. 

He smiled. 

Dylan: My dad left us and my mom and I stayed alone. Then she found someone new and we moved because it was my dad's house.
Becky: That wasn't so long. 
Dylan: My mom married Khloe's dad. 
Becky: You're kidding? The two of you are now living together?
Dylan: Yeah...

Becky: That's... complicated I guess. 
Dylan: Yeah, she's so annoying...
Becky: I know, I hate her sometimes. 
Dylan: I hate her always. 
Becky: I'm so sorry. Because of your dad and moving... mostly about Khloe. 
Dylan: I don't talk to my dad anymore. And moving was okay I guess. And I'll get used to Khloe.
Becky: I hope you will. 

Dylan: So, what's your back story?
Becky: Mine is pretty boring. 
Dylan: We have time. 
Becky: You don't need it. My parents are together and my brother got engaged to Susan. 
Dylan: That's nice.
Becky: It's a pretty boring life. 
Dylan: Wanna switch?
Becky: Not really...

We smiled. 

Dylan: No one does.
Becky: Can I ask you something?
Dylan: Sure...

Okay. What should I ask "Why didn't you kiss me at the party" sounds great...

Becky: Forget it. 
Dylan: No, ask.
Becky: It's stupid...
Dylan: It's about the party. 

I was silent. What a genius... he realized that I might be a little confused because of everything.

Dylan: Look...

We were staring at each other.

Dylan: I just don't want our first kiss to be a dare.
Becky: What do you mean?
Dylan: I don't want to kiss you because Khloe told me to. 

I was silent. What should I say "Okay, great... I'm fine"
Still silent. This was so awkward. 

*You idiot!*

Suddenly, Dylan was kissing me. It was slow and perfect- just the way I imagined it to be. I can't believe this is really happening!

After some more talking, he drove me home.

Becky: Thanks... for everything. 
Dylan: Hope it will repeat.
Becky: Me too.  

We kissed and I went straight to my room. Everyone was asleep and I just wanted to scream.

Becky: Hello?
Rachel: H... Who is this?
Becky: It's Becky! You won't believe what happened!
Rachel: It's 5 a.m.
Becky: I know! But this is important. Can I come, or you come here, or anything!?
Rachel: Just come here... the doors are unlocked. 

I sneaked into Rachel's house. Everything was silent. She was in her pajamas in bed. I turned the light on,

Rachel: What the hell are you doing!?
Becky: Sorry, sorry. 

She turned the table lamp on and sat down on the bed. 

Rachel: This better be important. 
Becky: It is! I was with Dylan until now!
Rachel: What!?

Her eyes widened. She was awake. 

Rachel: You're kidding!
Becky: No! I was looking at you leaving. Then I saw a shadow and I was like, let's see, and he was there.
Rachel: And!?

My heart was pounding so hard while I was remembering- like I'm still there. 

Becky: Then he said to go with him and since I thought it can't be worse than this, I went.
Rachel: And!?
Becky: He was driving to some park- I don't know. We talked the whole night...
Rachel: Get to the point!
Becky: He kissed me. 
Rachel: I knew it! I told you you're perfect for each other!

Becky: I'm still in shock...
Rachel: I will be in shock for days!
Becky: I know!
Rachel: And what now?
Becky: What?
Rachel: Are you dating?
Becky: Probably... I don't know. That's tomorrow's problem.

We were both almost jumping how happy we were. I can't believe this happened to me. After some more talking I left home. 

It was 6 a.m. when I came to my room. I changed and lied down. I couldn't sleep at all. The whole scene of us was going through my head. This is the best day ever!

The next week was awesome too. Dylan and I were mostly together after school. We were talking, joking, and making Jackie jealous. Jackie thought about trying to separate us, so I stopped hanging out with her. It was just me and Rachel. 

Throughout that week, I talked to Rachel less and less. Since I was more with Dylan, Rachel started spending more time with Jackie. I just hope she won't be jealous like her. 

On Friday, Rachel and I were at pizza. She said that she gets me and that she would probably spend time with Nick if something happened with the two of them. She still didn't get over him. 

The week after that, I was at the party with Rachel. It wasn't a party- it was Rachel, Dylan, Nick, Will, Jackie, Megan, Khloe, Keith and me drinking and talking. At some point, Jackie was drunk- really drunk. She could barely speak. No one had any idea what to do with her... 

Khloe: She'll be fine.

We were all talking and trying to stop Jackie from falling off the sofa or drinking more. Megan even brought her coffee, but she spilled it all over the sofa. Jackie killed the whole mood. While we were talking, Jackie started mumbling something. 

Jackie: D... Why... you... h...

No one paid any attention since we didn't understand her. Suddenly, she started yelling and everyone turned.

Jackie: Dylan! I want...

That was weird and I had no idea what to do. Everyone looked at Dylan. Megan came closer to Jackie, 

Megan: What?
Jackie: I said... I want- Dylan!

She was yelling and looking at us now. What a mess. 

Megan: Calm down...
Jackie: No! Did you heard me...
Dylan: Everyone heard you, Jackie. 
Jackie: I know.

She smiled. 

I was looking at Rachel. What is happening? The next move was really unexpected. 

Dylan: Jackie...
Dylan: It's complicated. 
Jackie: It's not!
Dylan: It is, because...

Then he pulled me closer to himself and said, 

Dylan: I have a girlfriend now. 

Then we kissed and left immediately after that. I didn't want to see anyone's reactions- this was enough.