𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘊𝘩𝘢𝘴𝘦

{the chase}

{the chase}

hana's anger at zuko never left. instead, it only festered within her. she kept it quiet, though. she didn't want to make iroh any sadder than he already was.

iroh didn't show his sadness but she knew it was there. hana knew that without his nephew, he was devastated. zuko could be dead and that scared him. so, it was better if she kept up a positive facade.

the two continued their journey together. they were trying to find zuko. hana knew it was going to a difficult task to get him to realize things have changed but she didn't think he'd leave.

hana felt for him but that didn't excuse his actions. she was going to give him a piece of her mind, and she didn't care if anybody objected to it, it was still going to happen.

day and night they walked, which iroh complained a bit about, but hana quickly shut that down. she reminded him that he gave their (stolen) ostrich to zuko.

they got pretty far in the journey and they decided to take a break. it was midday and they could still pick back up.

to be honest, it was a nice break. they truly needed it. they decided to lean up against a rock. they didn't talk much.

it was quiet for 20 minutes until hana heard the earth around her rumble. it blasted the two of them forward. iroh stayed on the ground but hana quickly got up and got into a fighting stance.

hana looked at the rock they were peacefully up against. a small girl was on top of it. she was wearing earth kingdom clothing and was in earth bending position.

hana dropped her fighting stance. there was no need for it. the girl was a child and she was one of her own. she looked at iroh to make sure he was okay.

he groaned, "that really hurt my tailbone."

hana quickly came to his aid and helped him up and looked at the girl, "that was a bit much wasn't it? couldn't you have seen who was here instead of trying to kill us?"

the girl snorted, "i'm blind." she dropped the stance and waved her hand in front of her face.

she glared at the small girl and huffed, "you could've asked! we aren't gonna kill a girl for asking!"

"you could be fire nation."

"we're not," hana lied.

well, it was a half-lie. hana wasn't of the fire nation but iroh was.

"good to know."

"would you like some tea?" he asked the girl.

she tilted her head, "depends. are you going to poison me?"

"we don't poison children," hana laughed.

"alright!" she hopped off the rock and walked over to the two.