Xiang confirmed to be taking a temporary hiatus

In a saddening new announcement, JYP Entertainment tells fans Xiang will not be participating in promotions for Got8's new album Breath of Love: Last Piece due to personal reasons.

Got8 is set to release studio album, Breath of Love: Last Piece, and new title track "Breath" in a few weeks on November 23. While Ahgases hoped for Got8 to promote the comeback with all 8 members, a new announcement from JYP Entertainment reveals that Xiang won't be participating.

 While Ahgases hoped for Got8 to promote the comeback with all 8  members, a new announcement from JYP Entertainment reveals that Xiang won't be participating

According to the statement, Xiang is currently currently going on hiatus for "personal reasons" in moving forward with Got8's promotional activities. The company states that they consulted deeply with both Xiang and the rest of the Got8 members. All parties involved came to the conclusion that it would be best for Xiang to sit out of the promotions for "breath".

As such, he will be unable to attend any of Got8's activities for Breath for the foreseeable future. It is likely that this will include any music show performances and online video call fansigns the group may be holding, as well as live broadcasts. However, given that Xiang's has been present in the album's teasers, there's no reason to expect he won't be in the "Breath" music video.

The company concluded its statement by asking fans to continue to show "love and support" to Xiang as he although he will not be attending this comeback. As soon as the statement was released, fans began to speculate what the personal reason for Xiang's GOT8 hiatus could be with some theories being with the most popular one being connected to the recent criticism Xiang has received for his relationship with girlfriend of 3 years Irene of Red Velvet.

However, a lot of fans have been directing their frustrations at JYP Entertainment. Many Ahgases' are upset at the company, suggesting that Xiang is known to have an extremely clean record unlike some members and that it is unfair that he be removed from activities when he did nothing wrong adding that Xiang is one of the group's popular member after Jackson and is especially popular in Korea, Taiwan, Japan and Mainland China