Got8 Xiang under harsh critisim for his relationship

2020/10/24

After alleged bad attitude accusations on Instagram against Red Velvet's Irene surfaced— exposing her of shouting at a stylist.

Netizens have turned to target their rage at Got8's Xiang, who is Irene's boyfriend of 3 years.

Following the stylist's posts, Xiang's Instagram comments have become completely flooded with accusations and hate

Following the stylist's posts, Xiang's Instagram comments have become completely flooded with accusations and hate. On his most recent upload is accruing multiples of Irene-related comments:

"Xiang, you most probably know since you're Irene's boyfriend. Is the statement true?"

"You knew about her attitude problem? Why are you with her?"

"Why aren't people staying neutral? People who want to destroy Xiang are rushing over right now because the time is right."

"How could you date someone like her, with attitude problem, I can't believe that you date someone like that Xiang. I'm never buying any of you merch again"

"If he didn't say anything about his girlfriend's attitude probably means 1. He likes it 2. He has an attitude problem as well 3. He doesn't care 4. He genuinely didn't know 5. Maybe he did say something to her bts or 6. She doesn't have an attitude problem like the statement says she does"

Some are interrogating Xiang to share the truth about his girlfriend Irene...

Others are defending Xiang and his relationship with Irene:

"A few weeks ago you were all fangirling over Xiang and Irene's relationship when he posted a pic of them together, now you're all attacking him for being in a relationship with her. Make up you minds"

"Umm guys remember Xiang is not with Irene 24/7 and defo not with her when she is getting dressed for a performance or a shoot, don't attack him when he isn't with her all the time"

"You guys are attacking him for his relationship with her now but weren't you guys fan-girling/boying when he released his IRENE Ep back in April and saying they were the cutest couple in Kpop and asking them to get married already? Don't go around bandwagon hating them and their relationship because of someone who only met Irene once"

"You guys attacking Xiang and Irene's relationship really must not have watched WGM or any of Xiang's lnsta lives with her, if you did you would know how kind they both were to the staff like despite giving them a date mission in Everland on Halloween and Irene being easily scared and Xiang legit carrying her out of the maze they still bought the crew members food & drinks there and joked with them throughout the shoot or when they tried a secret mission with Xiang where he had to act cold/mean to Irene but at the end failed because he knew that she would get upset and after their season ended the WGM staff praised them both and said that they are both angels that really cared for each other and the WGM crew"

"Y'all attacking them as a couple but remember for the past two years until now everyone shipped them like crazy, in 2018- everyone shipped them on WGM because they were a perfect couple, in 2019 when their season ended y'all were sad and wanted an extension + wanted them to date in real life and earlier this year, 2020 when they came out as a couple y'all were overjoyed that they're dating and when y'all found out that they were started dating prior to filming WGM y'all were fan-girling like crazy realising that we saw them do their couple acts on camera and both their groups teasing them on SNS because they knew about the relationship. So don't start attacking their relationship now when for the past 2 years y'all thought that their relationship was 'OMG THEY ARE SO CUTE' 'THEY CUTE AF' 'OMG GOALSSSSS' like don't bandwagon hate on them when y'all loved them for 2 years Jesus Christ"

Xiang has not yet responded to the growing frustration evident on his Instagram.

Comment down below you opinions on Xiang receiving hate over the controversy.