➖2➖

"Jimin hyung, don't you have any work to do?" Jeongguk asked, coming up to the front desk where his receptionist, Park Jimin, lounged back in his executive leather chair. He looked up from the book he was reading and grinned, "I finished pulling files for tomorrow, and I've already finished the med and food orders."

Jeongguk plunked himself down in his favorite spinning chair and looked over the appointment book. "So, I pay you to do nothing?"

Jimin just chuckled and flipped the page, "I'm never doing nothing."

Jin had always said that Jimin looked like an older, male version of Shirley Temple, with his blonde hair and chubby-cheeked smile, but he certainly wasn't a dimple-faced sweetheart. Jeongguk watched him wrestle an uncooperative Pit-Bull to the floor and hold him there to get his shots. He doubted Shirley Temple could do that. Jimin had started to work for Jeongguk three years ago, after they were out of college. Jeongguk hadn't known Jimin was filthy rich until a year after he started working at the Clinic, when he bought him the latest and greatest smartphone for his birthday and a new X-Ray machine for Christmas. Jeongguk often wondered why Jimin willingly worked as a receptionist in a Vet clinic, when his wealth allowed him far better career paths. Whenever he asked, Jimin would always smile say, "I'm happy here."

Yoongi came up behind Jeongguk and leaned over his shoulder. "It looks to be pretty quiet for a while." he stated, smirking when the boy jumped. The guy moves quieter than any cat Jeongguk ever met, and even though Yoongi's been working for him for two years, he still gets a kick out of surprising him.

Jimin and Yoongi had grown very close to Jeongguk and his brother. Since Yoongi's originally from Daegu, and Jimin's family is always traveling for business, neither had family in the area and as such, claimed them as their family. That closeness with the brothers made them feel entitled to know everything that's going on in their "baby Kookie's" life. That's also why, the second he came to work last Monday, they cornered Jeongguk and forced him to tell them why he was late coming back from Vegas.

He'd told them he'd overslept and had had his phone stolen but those excuses didn't work. Finally, after they had him cornered for a few minutes, he broke down and told them. Both were sympathetic but jokes started flying around between those two and Jin about his new marital status, Jeongguk chose to ignore them.

Things after that had been pretty simple, they made jokes and Jeongguk worked on forgetting he was married to a stranger.

▪▪▪▪▪▪

Taehyung never understood the workings of relationships. He was knowledgeable in multiple other areas... but never the 'wooing' of the fairer sex, or any wooing of any kind. When he had to ask a girl on a date or anything else, he would observe her, find her weak points, and then play to them. He'd create a vague script of the situation in his mind that, nine times out of ten, would work. That same method of observation and then creating a script was his main strategy when it came to business, and it almost always worked, which was why he had the big office with the window.

Daniel assured him that Jeongguk wouldn't be that hard to get. Being a country animal doctor and having a 'guy like him' after him, he would take a week, two at the most, to finally cave. Thus, Taehyung had put in for a two week vacation, which wasn't hard to achieve because he work so much and have so many vacation days saved up he could keep vacationing until he's old enough to retire.

So here he was, back in South Korea after years, though Busan was unknown to him as his family was from Daegu and Seoul. He dropped his bags off at Busan's finest hotel. After resting for a moment, he put on his nicest designer casual clothes, and Ray-bans, before making his way to Jeongguk's clinic.