➖ 6➖

The next couple months passed doggedly. Taehyung hated how time seemed to slow. Work no longer satisfied him and he hated waiting for the evenings when he and Jeongguk would chat. Daniel had begun to notice his lack of interest and made sure to comment on it every day, reminding him that Jeongguk was disposable. Taehyung never wavered from his usual reply, but at the end of the day, Taehyung wanted to shoot him.

Snow began to clog the streets of New York, and Taehyung's appointed travel date drew closer. Finally the day came, and he was already packed and getting in his car when Daniel called.

"I need you to come in today."

"I'm leaving. You knew that."

"It doesn't matter. There's a problem with Brazil."

Taehyung couldn't fathom why Daniel had decided to call him with a problem over Brazil's contract. He wasn't even working on it. "It is your project hyung, you to deal with it."

Daniel didn't reply for a moment, stewing quietly. Tae hated leaving on sour terms but Daniel was a smart businessman, he could manage on his own, and with all the snow, his flight would probably be the only one he'd be able to catch out of New York. "Taehyung. I wisely advise you to carefully choose your next move, because the wrong one and there'll be dire consequences."

"Handle the contract and close it up. I'll call you later for the details." He then hung up, hurrying to get to the airport, desperate to not miss his plane.

▪▪▪▪▪▪

Jeongguk had never known November to pass so slowly! Jin hyung would always smirk when he saw Jeongguk in the mornings but never said anything. Everyone knew what he was waiting for but were merciful enough not to say anything. Taehyung said he was supposed to catch the plane to Busan on December 20th and leave January 3rd.

Jeongguk often felt like an idiot as he waited for Tae to come back. Only a few months ago he wanted him gone as quickly as possible. Now he wanted him back for longer! Jimin had been the first to tell Jeongguk the logical explanation, that he loved Tae. But that was ridiculous! He hardly even knew Taehyung. He didn't accept Jimin's explanation, but he had to agree, sitting by the phone every night at 6:30 to either call Tae or have Tae call him, said something. But... was it love?

Taehyung had said that he would be getting into the airport around 5 so he'd just drive straight to the clinic. Jeongguk had been so nervous about letting Taehyung stay in his guest bedroom that he actually made an effort to make it seem friendly, or like someone had actually been in there before. Jin just laughed and made a quip like, "You two are married, shouldn't you let him sleep in your bed with you?" 

Jeongguk just kicked him out. He was easy to get rid of because he was roaring with laughter at the ferocious blush on the youngers face. But... Jin's comment led Jeongguk to actually sit down and look at his ring. A ring didn't mean a happy marriage or anything ,but it meant a promise... even if their's had been drunk. Taehyung's constant pursuit of him led him to believe that he actually did want Jeongguk around.

▪▪▪▪▪▪

On the 20th Jeongguk was on pins and needles. He almost hurt his neck from craning it around to look out the window whenever a car pulled up. However, when the appointments began to come rolling in non-stop, Taehyung was pushed from his mind as he dealt with work until close to closing, when he was actually able to sit down. Less than 10 minutes after he'd closed his eyes for a quick nap, two hands descended on his shoulders, causing him to jump. Taehyung just chuckled, "Good to see you too." 

Jeongguk forced down his blush and whapped him playfully over the top of the head and grumbled a few choice words that caused Taehyung to laugh again. Silence reigned for a few more moments.

"Long day I'm guessing?" Taehyung asked, looking enviably sexy... even after just getting off of a plane.

"Very. But I'm done with my appointments I think... there's only twenty minutes left so I doubt Jimin hyung will count me truant for skipping out early."

Taehyung just chuckled and stepped aside, only getting in the youngers way slightly so he had to brush against him. Suddenly Jeongguk felt like a school kid, getting flustered by a simple touch and quickened his pace to grab his coat.

Jeongguk waved to Jimin as he left, Jimin just grinned cheekily up at him.

Jeongguk instructed Taehyung to follow him home as he slipped into his car and pulled out of the clinic's driveway.