➖ 12➖

Everyone in the world has had those dreams where everything starts off okay and then goes to hell. That's what happened to Taehyung. He'd had a horribly boring day at work and spent most of it staring out the window at Central Park. When he got home he was looking forward to calling Jeongguk, wanting to hear a friendly voice. He'd only been in the house five minutes before the phone rang. When he checked the caller I.D. he was pleasantly surprised to see Jeongguk's name.

Taehyung answered it, a smile on his lips. "Hey Jeongguk, I was just getting ready to call you. Are you home already?"

Jeongguk's voice sounded odd when he replied. "Yeah... I'm home."

Immediately Tae started to worry, something about his voice seemed horribly off and he didn't like it. "Jeongguk? Is everything okay?"

Jeongguk waited a moment before saying. "I got a visit from someone who said that they knew you. They had some interesting information."

"Oh?"

"They gave me this recording that took place after your big trip to see me the first time."

Taehyung couldn't bring himself to say anything. All words caught in his throat. He was so used to being able to find a way to defend himself and his position, that not being able to come up with anything to defend himself with to Jeongguk, was almost frightening.

"What was on the tape?"

"You and another man speaking about me." Taehyung could almost hear him shaking.

"Jeongguk..." Tae started.

Taehyung needed to defend himself to Jeongguk. He needed to understand what really happened. Taehyung was all set to tell him the truth... just in a nicer way that would be able to pacify him.

"So, I'm a commodity then? Something to be thrown away?" Jeongguk growled in his ear, causing Taehyung's voice to become stuck in his throat once more "I can't believe I trusted you."

Taehyung raised his voice, knowing that was probably the only way he'd get him to shut up long enough to hear him out, "Jeongguk, listen to me. That may be me on the tape, but I don't believe that any more. Why else would I want to move to Busan with you?"

"I don't know Taehyung, maybe it's all a lie, maybe you're telling the truth, but I don't care! I can't trust you after hearing what I just did! I am not going to be used by you or any of your 'high-class' friends! My happiness is not a game."

"Jeongguk! You're overreacting!" Taehyung yelled almost desperately. He hated the feeling of desperation, but he was so afraid he was getting close to losing Jeongguk.

Suddenly Jeongguk hissed at him spitefully. "I'm overreacting? I just heard you say that you were going to use our marriage as a way to hurt some poor Lorelei person. It's not enough that you hurt me, but you have to hurt someone else along the way?"

Taehyung could finally hear the pure desperation in his voice. "Jeongguk, please listen to me-"

"No! I know how good you are at getting people to see things your way, to make the business deal profitable to you. I will not be used like all those poor other lackeys. Don't waste your money on coming back here, you're not going to be seeing me ever again, and if you do try coming back, just remember I have some very close friends in the police department."

What? What!

This wasn't happening, this wasn't right. This wasn't a part of the plan. Jeongguk wasn't supposed to find out! Damn it! Taehyung stared at the phone, what the hell was going through Jeongguk's mind? How could he hang up like that? He hit speed dial.