➖ 9➖

When Taehyung got off the plane in New York he started to cough, the crisp air almost hurt compared to the cool, almost filtered air of Busan's countryside. He dropped by his apartment before going to the office, taking a moment to collect himself and just relax. Daniel called at least twice to demand why he wasn't at the office but Taehyung just ignored him and got there thirty minutes later.

Daniel was pacing in Tae's office looking irate. "Your plane landed forty five minutes ago."

"I was tired so I went to my apartment to rest." Taehyung said, moving to sit at his desk. He wasn't going to miss this.

Daniel slammed his hands down on the top of Taehyung's desk, "What is that hick doing to you?" He demanded angrily.

Taehyung turned to fix his own icy stare on him, "He's helped me." Daniel started to splutter angrily. "I have decided that after the Quebec project goes through I'm going to go back to live with Jeongguk. You will take over my office and position and you will do it without complaint."

He'd never seen Daniel look so mad, but it was worth it. He stormed out of Taehyung's office angrily, leaving him to boot up his computer and start looking over the Quebec project.

▪▪▪▪▪▪

Taehyung was going down a specific road, and it wasn't the right one in Daniel's mind. He liked the way the roles in their lives had been going until Taehyung made that stupid mistake. Taehyung was family. Daniel had taken him in years ago after he lost his parents, first his mother to a car accident, then his father to a stroke. Daniel, ten years his senior, and his father, trained Taehyung to be what he used to be, and he never disappointed them, until now.

He was the heavy lifter in their little business. Daniel did the background work and let Taehyung slam everyone else into the ground. Daniel didn't want to be the main person. Taehyung couldn't leave, he wouldn't stand for it. Daniel waited until Taehyung had finished telling Mr. Kim, his uncle and boss, about his 'grand master plan' and then went to the top floor to have a chat with his father. When Daniel was ushered in, his father was sitting in his high back chair, turned to the window. Mr. Kim then swiveled to face his son. His fingers were peaked and resting close to his pinched lips.

He didn't wait for Daniel to say anything and begin speaking. "Now, when you came to me to tell me about Taehyung going to South Korea, I allowed you to encourage him. Now, he took a vacation during a very critical deal, and has decided to leave us. I'm sure that all the blame lays on you, and I expect you to fix this problem. I have no clue how you plan to get Taehyung to stay, but when you do get an idea, I hope it's a good one."

"I was afraid that something like this might happen since Taehyung is very malleable to the will of anything pretty, we can see that from how he allowed himself to be wrapped around Miss Monroe's finger. Right after he came back, and I saw the warning signs, I decided to ensure our safety." Daniel moved forward, pulling a Digital Voice Recorder from his pocket and setting it on his father's desk.

"What is this?" Mr. Kim asked, leaning forward to pick it up.

"Our chaos control."

Daniel flipped the switch to turn on the recording. He knew within seconds that he had regained his status in his father's eyes. After listening to the recording Mr. Kim leaned back in his chair, waiting for the rest of his son's plan. 

"I think Miss Lorelei would be more than happy to hear this. She's been very upset with how Taehyung has been acting and would do anything to make sure he was safely back in her arms."

"Very well then. You have my leave to go." Daniel backed out of the office and went to his secretary.

"I need you to get a hold of Miss Lorelei Monroe for me. Set up an appointment for us to have lunch. I have something important to speak with her about."