➖7➖

The guest bedroom was right down the hall from Jeongguk's with only the guest bath and the laundry room separating them. Taehyung moved to the bed and set down his bags before he sat languidly with his legs crossed, looking around the room appreciatively.

"Do you want to see the tree?" Jeongguk asked shyly. Taehyung looked at him and nodded with the tiniest of smiles on his lips.

Jeongguk led him down the steps and to his sun room. It had huge windows that allowed for a lot of natural light and usually, during the summer Jeongguk would nap on the couches, but during winter, it became his art room. The tree was in the corner, well away from the fireplace with a large rug between. The tree was decorated, per Jin's urging. They usually did that on Christmas Eve, but since he was going to have Taehyung around, he wanted to 'give them their privacy'.

"I've never had a Christmas tree." Taehyung said at Jeongguk's elbow, causing him to jump as he hadn't realized that he was that close.

"Never?"

Taehyung shook his head and moved forward to touch one of the boughs. "Never celebrated Christmas. My family was always traveling due to my father's work, now I just never have the time."

Jeongguk just sat on his couch to watch Taehyung. He looked happy and almost child-like as he examined his and Jin's old hand-made Christmas ornaments. Most of them had pictures of the brothers as children in frames, but others were ones Jeongguk collected over the years. Jeongguk found himself watching Taehyung more than focusing on anything else until he realized that Taehyung was smirking at him.

"So... I don't feel like cooking. How to feel about Chinese?"

Taehyung grinned and nodded.

When the Chinese arrived Jeongguk suggested, "How about we eat in the tree room?"

Taehyung nodded and followed behind Jeongguk back into the cozy sun room.

They settled down on the couch with the food set on the coffee table, Jeongguk sitting on one end of the couch, while Taehyung took the other.

"What did you get?"

"Sweet and Sour chicken. Mrs. Hwang owns the restaurant, and knows I like this, so she makes the sauce really sour."

"Why?" Taehyung asked in disbelief.

"I like a challenge, and forcing myself to not cry when I eat the stuff, is a major challenge. Wanna bite?"

Taehyung looked adorably confused, and then nodded.

Jeongguk considered just using his chopsticks and dropping a chicken in his box, instead he scootched over, taking the spot right next to Taehyung, and dipped the chicken in the sauce before offering it to him, expecting him to take it with his chopsticks. Instead Taehyung leaned down and took the chicken with his mouth and leaned away chewing thoughtfully. Jeongguk waited in stunned silence, slowly getting over what he'd just done. He'd never thought that Kim Taehyung could be flirtatious. He'd gotten used to Tae's stoic, yet caring nature, and had never seen him like this. Maybe he acted this way when away from prying eyes, or maybe Taehyung did it just around him. It was too much to hope for, but it was still a very nice idea.

A second later Taehyung's eyes welled up and he coughed as he swallowed the chicken. "How can you stand that stuff?" he wheezed.

Jeongguk just laughed.

"Here, have a bite of mine." Taehyung curled his legs up to the cushion and turned to face the younger. Their knees touched slightly, very innocently, but Jeongguk felt his blush growing, which wasn't helped by the fact that Taehyung was watching him and holding a piece of beef for him to take. Leaning forward, Jeongguk took the meat Tae held out for him, just like Taehyung had earlier, and was satisfied to see Taehyung was blushing when he leaned back, just as Jeongguk himself had.