➖ 11➖

Jimin popped his head into the office a few moments later, but when he saw Jeongguk, stopped and turned to Yoongi to tell him to take care of the client before bustling into the room.

"Jeongguk? Are you okay? Does this have anything to do with that woman that was here earlier?"

Jeongguk just shook his head and began to cry. Jimin wasn't sure what happened, but he knew it wasn't good.

"Jeongguk, I think you should go home. I'll cancel the rest of your appointments. Just go home."

Normally Jeongguk is able to keep going when bad things happen to him but this time he just felt so damn empty. He barely remembered the drive home and didn't even register Jin's vehicle in the driveway until he found him waiting on the other side of the door. He looked very worried.

"Why are you here?"

"Jiminie called me and told me some woman came to talk to you about Taehyung, then after she left he found you crying in your office. He said she told you both Taehyung was fine, so what did she say that upset you?" Jin asked as he wrapped his brother in a tight embrace.

Jin led him to the living room, sitting him down, continuing to offer comfort as he waited for him to calm down. Jeongguk handed over the recorder. Jin gave a questioning looked as he took the evil little device, Jeongguk asking his hyung to listen to it in another room. He didn't think he could take hearing Taehyung's voice saying all those awful things anymore. When Jin came back from the bedroom, he looked about ready to blow but his voice seemed almost frighteningly calm.

"You need to call him and confront him about this." he said, fists shaking at his side.

"What should I ask?" He inquired dumbly.

Jin was, thankfully, very patient with him as he replied. "Ask him about the contents of the tape and why he did what he did. I don't suggest letting him off the hook, just make sure you're not crucifying the wrong man before you do."

"Now?" Jeongguk asked quietly, dreading the idea.

Jin thought for a moment. "Yes." he finally murmured. "Get it over and done with."

He pulled out his phone. Why was he worrying? Taehyung possibly couldn't have said all that stuff... but that was his voice. Jin's hand descended on his, waking him from his thoughts as he'd been staring at the phone.

"Want me to whip up something chocolatey?"

Jeongguk nodded feebly, grateful that Jin wasn't going to just stand there and watch him do this. Finally, Jeongguk took his deciding breath and hit Taehyung's number on the speed dial. Tae answered on the second ring sounding hatefully happy to hear from him, so much so that Jeongguk was tempted to just forget all this. People lived with horrible spouses for years, they just stood them until they died and moved on... but in his heart Jeongguk knew he couldn't do that. He still had a chance for happiness and he wasn't going to stand for someone who didn't love him.

"Hey Jeongguk, I was just getting ready to call you. Are you home already?"

Jeongguk gulped, "Yeah... I'm home." His voice sounded thick in his throat and he was having a hard time breathing.

Taehyung was immediately on alert. "Jeongguk? Is everything okay?"

It was now or never.

"I got a visit from someone who said that they knew you. They had some interesting information."

"Oh?" Taehyung asked sounding both curious and cautious. That couldn't be a good sign.

"They gave me this recording that took place after your big trip to see me the first time."