➖ 4➖

Jeongguk found his brother standing at the stove when he got home. "You do know you have your own home, right hyung?" he asked jokingly.

"It's too far away, and I didn't feel like driving there. Plus, I know you're itching to find out what I was doing with Taehyung."

"The guy is probably nuts to wanna stay married hyung,"

"He actually isn't nuts... as far as I can tell. He just operates on a different playing field than the rest of us. I would describe him as intriguing... but not as complicated as he gives the first impression of being."

Jeongguk's mouth suddenly went dry. "You're defending him?"

"Why are you treating him like an escaped convict? He's done nothing to you, and he apparently likes you enough to want to stay in this relationship."

"And that's just it. I can't believe there's nothing; something's in this for him-"

"Stop being so damn cynical all the time! Not everyone in the world is out to get you. Give him a chance to prove himself. He already knows he's got some work cut out for him, and if that didn't scare him away, then I'm willing to let him have a few chances at bat. Remember, you didn't like Yoongi at first, but you gave him a chance, and he's like a brother to you. The same applies to Jimin, too."

Jeongguk waited in silence, digesting this information. "What gives you that idea that he's so nice?" he asked tenderly, not wanting to make his hyung any madder.

"I just spent an hour analyzing him. He reminds me of an innocent little kid in some respects. Naive and introverted."

Jeongguk just grunted. "I doubt he's very naive if he's running a multi-billion dollar company."

Jin turned back to his younger brother with an exasperated look. "I was giving you an analogy." He finally started to plate their dinner and set them in front of their seats. "Listen," he said, taking Jeongguk's hand into his own. "You know that I'm the poster child for independence, but... you've been single for so long that I just think that you really need to put yourself out there, and Taehyung's a great starting point. If you spend some time with him and find him completely repulsive, then go ahead and get a divorce, no damage done."

Jeongguk just stared at him. "You must have really liked him," he finally said.

"I think he's different. And you need that."

Jeongguk just pursed his lips and frowned at him, then eventually nodded. He'd give Taehyung about two weeks and then give him up; that would probably be the best amount of time.

▪▪▪▪▪▪

Jeongguk had almost gotten to the clinic when he saw three cars. He was sure that he hadn't had an appointment scheduled that early, but he hurried up and got out of his car quickly. Inside, he didn't find a client, but instead Taehyung sitting behind the counter with Jimin. He was watching the computer intently and nodded as Jimin gave him a quick overview of how it all worked. 

"...Morning," Jeongguk muttered quietly. Both men looked up at him; Jimin nodded while Taehyung rose to his feet and held something out for him.

"Your brother mentioned that you like this stuff," he said directly, watching the younger carefully.

Jeongguk smiled at him softly, accepting the banana milk. "Thanks."

Jimin chuckled slightly. "I can't see how you can stand to drink that stuff; it's too sweet, even for me."

Jeongguk laughed, feeling awkward as he saw Taehyung slowly sit back down from the corner of his eye. "Whatta we have today hyung?"

"Mr. Lee already brought in Kong for his neuter, and Ms. Choi is coming in later to talk to you concerning Sunni, who she thinks ate an electrical plug or two. Plus, Mrs. Kang is bringing in Milo to be euthanized."