➖ 13➖

For the next two weeks Taehyung tried to get a hold of Jeongguk any way he could without calling the clinic because he knew he would have had to go through Jimin. Email was out of the question because Jeongguk had once told him that he hadn't checked his email in almost a year. At one time he thought he got him but the call was immediately disconnected. Finally, the rest of Taehyung's hope that Jeongguk would allow him to at least save himself, came crashing down around his ears along with almost everything else. It was a late evening at the office, and it was also the first time Daniel had fully stepped into Taehyung's office. He was tempted to yell at him to get out, but stopped at the somber look on Daniel's face.

He set a pile of papers on Tae's desk and set his jaw, "The Quebec project fell through and they're not going to buy."

"Not going to buy? What was their reason?"

Daniel pointed to a paper on the top of the stack and almost immediately, bothh fell into the paperwork, trying to fix the damage that had been done before it got out to the public in the morning.

Three hours later Taehyung felt like he'd been beaten over the head multiple times by a baseball bat. Barely any leeway had been made on the deal and Daniel and Taehyung knew it was hopeless to fix the problem before morning. There was a chance, if they got in early enough, that they'd be able to do something... but that was a very large if. They parted ways later, both of them tired and worried about what would come the next day with the stocks and the publics' reactions.

▪▪▪▪▪▪

Taehyung had barely taken off his coat when someone knocked crisply on his apartment door. With an irritated groan Tae went back to his door and opened it to find a young man holding a medium sized box under one arm and a smaller package in the other hand.

"Mr. Kim, Taehyung?" He asked, and Tae nodded.

"I'm sorry to bother you so late, but I need you to sign here to prove that you did get this." He went on. Wordlessly,  Taehyung signed the sheet handed over to him, he was sure that he hadn't ordered anything lately, so he didn't really have any idea what he was signing for. The man smiled at Taehyung almost sympathetically and handed over the slimmer package, "I'm sorry." 

Then he hurried away, down the steps, clutching the papers against his chest. When Taehyung slid the papers out of the packet he felt his heart plummet to the bottom of his stomach at what he read.

Petition for Dissolution of Marriage.

▪▪▪▪▪▪

It was amazing how much Jeongguk was still able to hurt. Jin would glare at him when he saw him wearing his wedding ring. His wedding ring...

His wedding that he could hardly remember, to a husband that he was now divorced from. At least... he should have been divorced from him. Taehyung still hadn't signed the papers according to Namjoon. Jin and Jimin both said that Jeongguk needed to call Taehyung and force him to sign them, but that required talking to a man that Jeongguk was determined not to talk to. It would only make him hurt more.

He didn't want to talk to Taehyung. He couldn't talk to him. So, Jin offered.

But... he didn't want him talking to Taehyung either.

Whatever.

He needed to get this over with. He needed to get on with his life, a life that would have been easier if Taehyung hadn't come along. Taehyung had tried a couple more times to contact Jeongguk, but finally gave up after Jimin cussed him out. It was strange, not talking to Taehyung on the phone before he went to sleep at night. He'd taken to watching the news at nights now, but that only made Jeongguk more depressed. He hadn't realized how many bad things were going on in the world today until he actually began paying attention.