➖3➖

Jeongguk turned around so fast he almost got whiplash, and just stared, his jaw dropped to the ground and lost all the color in his face. He stood there, looking completely at ease, dark eyes turned to Jeongguk, a smirk crossed his lips lazily. "Do you usually get clients like that?" Taehyung asked conversationally.

"Why are you here?" Jeongguk demanded, scooting his chair back as Taehyung advanced on him.

Taehyung turned around and leaned against the edge of the desk to face the younger, pulling his arm into his hands. They were warm against Jeongguk's exposed skin, and the way Taehyung touched him made him shiver. "I came to see you." he started simply.

The young vet suddenly felt relieved.

"To figure out divorce arrangements, of course. You could have just calle-" he stopped when Taehyung gave him a very confused look, his fingers weaving through his own.

"What gave you that idea?"

Jeongguk's jaw hit the floor once more. "What?" he screeched, wrenching his arm from Taehyung's grasp.

Taehyung stood as Jeongguk leapt from his chair, "I don't want a divorce. I want to get to know you. There was obviously a connection between us that night in Vegas-"

"We were drunk!" Jeongguk hollered.

Taehyung sent him a death glare, taking him by the shoulders and pushed him back into the chair, "But there had to have been something to set that off. I just think it would be better for us if we got to get to know each other first before we did anything rash."

"Rasher that getting married on a wild night in Vegas?" Jeongguk argued, crossing his arms over his chest. "Why won't you let me divorce you?"

"I told you, I want-"

The younger rolled his eyes and fixed him with his own irritated stare, "to get to know me. I don't buy it. I can already tell just by looking at you we're so different it wouldn't work." For emphasis Jeongguk looked him up and down. "Nice jacket, most likely professional, power stance. You most likely have crap loads of money, how else could you have bought that ring? I'm sure that even though that's a rental car out there, it's more expensive than my house. You're big business and I'm a small town veterinarian working hard to keep my home. No matter what, any attempt at a relationship with me will fail so I advise you just go back to where ever you flew in from. Send me the paperwork and I'll sign it right away."

Jeongguk leaned back in his chair as he turned around to face his office computer, folding his arms as he stared at the screen. Taehyung grasped the top of his seat and turned him around again to face him, his expression now livid.

"What does money or location have to do with anything? Are you afraid of commitment? Afraid to have anyone close to you? What is it?"

Jeongguk jumped to his feet and pushed him back, "I don't want a relationship. I'm happy with my life, and having anyone liking me is going to screw up the pattern I've set up here. People are barely beginning to accept that I'm gay; I don't need anyone coming in and ruining that for me. So get out!" Jeongguk pointed to the door, fighting back the tears he was on the verge of crying.

"Fine. I'll go, but I'm not giving up so easily." He took Jeongguk's hand, gave it a business-like squeeze and turned to go out the door.

Jeongguk fell back into his chair and watched through his window as his husband moved to the shiny vehicle parked out front and leaned on the hood of it to pull out his cell phone and dial a number. Jin knocked on Jeongguk's office door, getting his brother's attention.