➖14➖

Jeongguk was standing at the clinic window that faced the stables that housed the horses that needed to remain at the clinic for care, watching in amusement as Taehyung worked to clean out the stables, feed their two current patients, and maintain the grounds.

Jimin chuckled and wrapped his arm around Jeongguk's neck, "He's been at it since this morning."

Jeongguk sighed and went to the back, grabbing a cup and filling it with cold water.

"Be right back."he told Jimin as he headed outside to Taehyung. Reaching the older's  side, Jeongguk spoke softly down to him."Taehyung take a break, here, I brought you this."

Taehyung's disheveled, dirt covered head popped up, eyeing Jeongguk tiredly until his eyes fell on the drink, and he scrambled to his feet.

"You're an angel."

"Tell me that more often and you might get better jobs than working out in the blistering sun in July."

Taehyung sipped the drink gratefully.

"Hyung, I was wondering if you'd like to have dinner with me tonight." Jeongguk started off slowly, cautiously.

Taehyung turned his head to look up at him, watching carefully. "Sure. Where?"

"Our house?"

"Ours?" Taehyung asked, a glimmer of realization in his eyes.

Jeongguk bit his lip and reached to take Taehyung's hand, "Your probation's over. I..I've missed you hyung."

Taehyung smiled brightly at him, "I've missed you too." Taehyung grabbed the back of Jeongguk's neck and pull him in for a very thorough kiss.

They broke apart when loud catcalls reached their ears. Jimin, Yoongi, and Jin were cheering them on. They separated slowly, but there was an unspoken agreement between them about their plans for the night, other than their dinner.

That night Jeongguk lay in bed next to Taehyung, reveling in the familiarity of his body. Taehyung's always been a heavy sleeper and didn't stir as Jeongguk moved to turn under his arm and watch his sleeping face. He rested his cheek against his fist and smiled down at his husband sleeping peacefully. He was happy, really happy. Slowly Jeongguk leaned down to kiss him and grinned as he felt Taehyung's lips quirk up into a smile as an arm wrap around his waist.

"I love you." Taehyung murmured, pulling him tightly against him. Dear God, Jeongguk missed him and he was even happier that Taehyung was here, holding him tight, and loving him always.

▪▪▪THE END▪▪▪