➖8➖

Christmas Eve was one of Jeongguk's favorite days of the year. When Christmas Eve dawned, there was a new layer of dry snow on the ground and the crystals were clinging to his windows. He got out of bed and threw on a smock with dogs wearing Christmas hats and cats with mistletoe on it and went downstairs where Taehyung was waiting for him.

"Merry Christmas Eve hyung!" he cheered happily, flinging his arms around Tae's neck.

Taehyung wrapped his arms around him and smiled. "Merry Christmas Eve to you too." Then he planted a very soft kiss against his cheek that caused the younger to turn bright red and wriggle out of his grasp in embarrassment.

The clinic party was just about getting underway when they came into the clinic. Jimin had put up mistletoe under all the employee accessible doorways and was making it his point to catch Yoongi whenever he was going in or coming out of the break room in order to steal a kiss or two.

Jimin squashed Santa hats on their heads before they exchanged presents. The tradition was one small present on Christmas Eve at the clinic, and then when they met for Christmas Dinner they'd open the rest of the presents.

▪▪▪▪▪▪

"I'll be by around noon to help with dinner, and Jimin and Yoongi said they'd be there around 2." Jin informed his brother before wishing him a Merry Christmas and heading home. Jeongguk turned to Taehyung, looking almost shy. He didn't ask or say anything, just smiled as he took his hand and nodded to the car. Jeongguk let Tae drive them home as he stared out the window, looking thoughtful.

Once home they put away their jackets and took off their shoes like normal. Jeongguk began to mount the steps, looking over his shoulder to make sure Taehyung was following him. Intrigued by his actions, Taehyung carefully followed him up the stairs and found him waiting at the top of the steps, a small smile on his lips. 

"Well..." Taehyung started quietly, "I guess we should be heading to bed. Um... Merry Christmas." he finished pathetically.

On a sudden spur of the moment thought, Tae leaned forward and pressed his lips against Jeongguk's own. Kissing him was different than kissing anyone else. His lips were soft and warm and perfect.

"Good ni-"

Jeongguk cut him off by grabbing his wrist and pulling him forward to wrap his arms around his neck securely and melded their lips together.

They broke apart for breath, Jeongguk resting his forehead against Taehyung's.

"Jeongguk?" Tae whispered, praying he wasn't in a dream. What had brought around this sudden change? Not that he was complaining, he just didn't understand it. Before Tae could say anything else Jeongguk pressed his finger against his lips and whispered back.

"Please, don't say anything just yet."

He kissed Taehyung once more and lingered there, hot breath playing across his lips in hot bursts. Slowly, almost tauntingly, Jeongguk's fingers slid down Tae's arm to intertwine with his own. Their hands latched together as Jeongguk pushed open his bedroom door and pulled Tae into the warm, inky darkness of his room.

▪▪▪▪▪▪

Moon shone through the still partially open curtains, casting a thin thread of light across the bed. A heavy presence rested against Tae's lower abdomen, hair tickling the tender skin there and hot breath warming his body. Sometime after they'd fallen asleep Jeongguk had slid down to wrap the sheets around his body and use him as his pillow.

As Tae stirred, Jeongguk squeezed his eyes tight and burrowed closer to Taehyung's body, who reached down to brush his fingertip against his cheek, marveling at how soft he was. At Tae's touch Jeongguk's eyes flickered open to look at him.