Chapter 2: Blue Epilogue (Part 2)

"Now, all of you may begin."

The teacher declares.

All of us simultaneously flip the paper and start working on the exam.

The questions? not bad, at least compared to the material that I used to study.

For this past month, I put all of my focus on nothing but studying.

Usually, I would hang out with Yamato and Kuji somewhere and have fun together.

But I do none of that recently, I just straight up go home and study.

I didn't want to leave things to chance and let Aoi hog the top spot yet again.

I want to best Aoi no matter what.

Why I am so fixated in surpassing the goddess of the school, you ask?

Simple.

I take a glance on the seat behind me.

There, sat a girl, basked in the sunlight with her rather small stature radiating the sunlight that hit her back to her surrounding.

Her blond hair spark brightly with two ringlet curls on the sides, her amethyst color eyes sparkles like a diamond.

Kiroi Kogane, the girl that I have a crush with.

She transfer here right when I start my 2nd year of high school and immediately fell in love with her.

It was love from the first sight.

Nonsense, I know, but that's how it is.

Of course, I am fully aware of the difference between our status.

I personally do not know much more about Kiroi outside of school, but I do know that she came from a wealthy family, possibly a noble even.

While me on the other hand is nothing but a commoner on the side of the street with no magic whatsoever.

Needless to say, my chance to date someone like her is near 0.

But that does not mean I will just give up without doing anything.

I proof it by having the best grade possible, I do whatever I can no matter how small to gain even the smallest recognition in her eyes.

That's why, Aoi.. you're going down no matter what...

I glance at Aoi in the front seats with eyes full of determination.

Aoi appear to had somehow notice me staring at her and look back at me.

I quickly lower myself down to the table and resume my work as to not arouse any suspicion.

And the day continue.

...

.....

.......

The school bell rang, signalling the afternoon break.

Some of my classmates are having their bento together, some talking with each other, and the rest are doing whatever they wanted.

Me on the other hand simply staring on Kiroi from my seat.

She's surrounded by our fellow students, both girls and boys alike.

Some from our class and some from other class.

In term of popularity, I believe it safe to say that Kiroi is as popular as Aoi is, mostly due to her good grades and looks.

Kiroi first transfer here during the beginning of my second year in this highschool, she said during her introduction that she come from Russia.