chapter 20

=Alexandra POV=

All I see is darkness, a quiet place. I'm at peace here. but that had to be ruined with voices. The voices aren't clear, but I hear multiple voices, so I tried to reach for them, but I couldn't move. I tried talking, but my mouth didn't move. What is happening? Why can't I move? I tried again, and finally, my hand moved. I hear the room go quiet. Then I felt something on my hand. Another hand.

"Come on, baby, you can do it," said my voice; I think it was Ricardo's. I smashed his hand a little.

"Alex, please wake up..." his voice kept getting lower until I couldn't hear anything.

"Ricardo?" No one answered.

"Ricardo!?" I yelled louder.

"RICARDO?" I scream but still get no response, and then the darkness consumes me again.

I woke up hearing voices again. But this time the voices were not here. I slowly opened my eyes but closed them immediately when the light shone in my eyes. I opened my eyes but looked down at the drawer next to me to find a gun. Yes, Ricardo leaves a gun behind me in case some intruders want to come and kill me. I took the gun and shot the lights. Ah, much better. Ricardo and Zack barged in, pointing the gun everywhere, looking for their target.

"Damn, calm your tits, Ricardo," I said in a raspy voice. Both of them looked at me with wide eyes. Ricardo dropped his gun and ran to me. He hugged me tightly and broke down crying.

"I almost lost you, Alex, I almost lost you; I'm sorry," he said, hugging me even tighter. It broke me to know that I had hurt and scared Ricardo like that.

"I'm sorry, Ricardo, for scaring you," I said, hugging him back.

"What do you mean you're sorry? You almost died, Alex!" He said, breaking the hug and looking at me in the eyes.

"Yeah, but because of me, you're crying right now," I said, looking down.

"Alex, it's not your fault; it's those fuckers fault," he said the last part with pure hatred. I sigh and hug him.

"Don't ever do that; I will kill anyone for your life, and I don't care if it's your brothers, your father, or whoever. I would kill for you, Alex," he said seriously.

"Ricardo, he's my brother; I had to do it," I said with a sigh.

"I don't care; he deserves to die; he hurt you."

"Let's not talk about this; I'm tired."

"Ok,"

"For how long was it here?" I asked, lying down on the bed.

"You've been unconscious for a whole week,"

"Damn," was all I said. Jesus, and they are still here?

"Where's everyone else?" I asked.

"Zoey went home to take a shower and get more clothes for you, and Bryan is outside crying his eyes out," he said, standing up.

"Oh,"

"What was that gunshot?" he asked.

"Oh, um, the light was bothering me so I shot it," I said with a shrug. He laughed.

"Typical Alex," I was about to ask what he meant by that when his phone started ringing. He answered it.

"Hello. Your fucking kidding me. Ok, I will be there right now. Don't let him escape. Ok," he hangs up with a frown.

"What happened?"

"Someone broke into the house again."

"Then go,"

"I don't want to leave you; you just woke up."

"Come one that's more important than me right now go,"

"No, it isn't; you're more important than anything to me," he said, hugging me again. I gave him a small smile and kissed his cheek.

"I love you,"

"I love you more, baby," he said and kissed my forehead.

"Now go," I said, breaking the hug.

"Are you sure you're okay?"

" yes i'm fine,"

"Ok, I'll be leaving now. Call me if anything happens."

"Ok, bye," I said and saw him leave. I turned and looked at Zack. He honestly looked like shit; his hair was messy, but I looked sexy; he had dark circles under his eyes; and his clothes were wrinkled. We looked at each other and stayed like that for a minute.

"Zack—" he cut me off by coming towards me and unexpectedly kissing me. God, this guy drives me insane. The kiss was slow and sweet, very different from our last kiss. I wrapped my arms around his neck and pulled him closer. After a while, we broke it. Breathless, I pecked his lips. He hugged me tightly.

"I miss you," I said, hugging him.

"I missed you more; I was lost without you," he said, with a few tears falling out. I couldn't keep it any longer and broke down. His hold tightened, bringing warmth to my cold body.

"T-that scared me; I thought I was going to die, Zac, I thought I was going to leave you and the rest," I said. He kissed my temple and said

"Your here with us, that's what matters,"

"Thank you for staying with me," I said, breaking the hug. I lay back down and moved so there was room for him to get in. He took his shoes off and got in. I wrapped my arms around his torso, and our legs got tangled together. He hugged me.

"Zack, would you like me if I were different?" I asked.

"I like you the way you are," he said as I snuggled closer to him.

"I wanted to ask you—" Zack got cut off by Bryan coming into the room.

"Alex?"

A/N: I know I've been leaving the chapters on a cliffhanger, and I'm sorry. It's just that I'm doing school work, so I stop at some point. And please don't forget to vote, and I hope you enjoy Chapter 20!