sled dog

G E N E R A L

G E N E R A L.

NAME ─ saint ,, meaning a very virtuous, kind, or patient person. a person acknowledged as holy or virtuous and typically regarded as being in heaven after death.

NICKNAME(s) ─ he doesn't really have any, since saint is rather short and sweet. if you can think of any, don't be afraid to call him by it.

AGE ─ 4 years

GENDER ─ male

PREFERRED PRONOUNS ─ he-him

MAIN ROLE (lead dog, wheel dog, etc) ─ team dog

BREED(s) ─ chinook

       P H Y S I C A L

P H Y S I C A L.

SHORT DESCRIPTION ─ a sturdy canine with tawny fur, a black muzzle, and a lighter undercoat. the male chinook also has erect ears and dark brown eyes.

DETAILED DESCRIPTION ─ the chinook was developed in the United States as a sled dog whose function was drafting and sled dog racing, which is exactly what saint does. bred to combine the power of freighting breeds with the speed of the lighter racing sled dogs, he is an athletic, hard bodied dog showing good forward reach and rear extension in a seemingly tireless gait. this hound is an impressive dog, with an aquiline muzzle, dark almond eyes, black eye markings, erect ears that will occasionally flop at the tips, and a tawny, close fitting coat. his thick pelt makes it nearly impossible for the cold to penetrate to his skin. his fur also heavily sheds twice a year, with little shedding in-between those two periods of time. his saber tail is held in a graceful sickle curve. saint does appear unquestionably masculine; as his breeds standard is for males. a dignified and affectionate family dog, saint is known for his love of children and caring ways. saint is to be presented in a natural condition with no trimming. when measuring from point of shoulder to the point of buttocks, the male is slightly longer than tall. the proportion of height to length of body being as 9:10 in ratio. muscular with moderate bone, saint exemplifies a sound athlete in grace, muscle tone, movement, and carriage. if you ever take notice, the bottom of his paws are burnt and carry burn marks.