Chapter 17

"Taehyung, you are becoming more paler everyday. Are you sure you don't want to ask Jimin?" Jin asked his brother who was looking very pale and weak.

He knew that Taehyung stopped drinking other's blood when he met Jimin at the bouquet shop. But with every day being with Jimin, Taehyung found difficult to stop himself from sucking Jimin's blood. His body was craving for the blood, but he controlled himself from harming his mochi.

Once the vampires found their mates, only their mate could feed their blood.

"I am afraid about his reaction, hyung. I-I don't want to hurt him." Taehyung whispered with no energy.

Jungkook who was busy in playing chess with Jimin heard the Kim brothers who were talking in the next bedroom.

It's been a week since Jungkook had accepted to give a chance to the vampire family. And to his surprise everyone treated Jimin and him like a princess. They showered love and shared conversations about their life stories.

Though Jungkook loved his vampire skills, he was trying so hard to control it. Sometimes a simple touch could break a glass.

And he understood why Kim Namjoon was the god of destruction. It was very hard to control his power, but he was learning it with Jin's guidance.

Jungkook stopped when he heard the conversation. He looked at his Jimin hyung, who was cutely furrowing his eyebrows while concentrating  on the game. His eyes wandered over Jimin's flawless neck which was visible through Taehyung's oversized tshirt.

Being a vampire himself, Jungkook realized the thirsty for blood. Though he was a half-human, his body craved for Jin's blood. But he constrained himself, since Jin and he were not so close. They had flirty conversations and confessed each other but nothing more. He ate his normal food, though he wanted to sunk his fangs on Jin's neck which looked so inviting and mouth watering.

But Jungkook also noticed how Taehyung looked. The other was always lively and energetic. But for the past few days, Taehyung's condition was getting worst.

"Hyung, I will be back." Before Jimin could look at Jungkook, the other disappeared.

"K-Kookie? Did I blink slow or did he walk fast?" Jimin blinked at the empty seat opposite to him, and his eyes wandered over the door, that was open. He pouted sadly, by seeing Kookie not with him. But he again started to concentrate on his game, while thinking hardly about next move.

Jungkook who used his vampire speed, and knocked on Jin's bedroom. H could hear several hush and was greeted by his mate.

"J-Jungkook? Yes?" Jungkook licked his lips when he saw the milky white neck of Jin. It was looking so flawless, he wished to bite it. Jin noticed how Jungkook's eyes were fluttering to dark red and light red color.

Jungkook cleared his throat and walked inside to see Taehyung lying on the bed weakly. Though Jungkook was not fond of Taehyung, he didn't miss how he took care of his hyung. He could see the love and adoration in his eyes.

"I think you should speak with Jimin." Taehyung's eyes shot open when he heard those words. He knew Jungkook would never allow him anywhere near Jimin. But was it his hallucinations?

He slowly sat up and looked at Jungkook's eyes for any disapproval or teasing. But there was none.

"You sure?" Jungkook felt bad when he heard Tae's broken voice.

"Boy! He is so weak" Jungkook thought to himself and sighed while nodding his head.

"One or the other day hyung must know the truth. Though I don't like you, I can feel your love for Jimin hyung. If you ever hurt him, just know that I will not hesitate to kill you." Taehyung chuckled by the words while Jin gulped by the threat.

"I will try."

And that was enough for Jungkook to regret why the hell did he allow Taehyung to talk with Jimin. But he knew he had to do this. The Kims family had been showing love and taking care of them more than their parents. The least he could do is return their love.

"Thanks for letting Tae to talk with Jimin, Jungkook." Jin thanked his mate and was surprised by the sudden act of kindness. He felt bad while looking at his brother losing his power. But he was happy that his mate gave a chance for his brother.

Jungkook nodded and sat on the empty bed where Taehyung was lying before. He wished everything was alright. He would have been happy had the Kim brothers were not vampires. But no matter what at the end of the day, they belonged to them.

Vampires or mates. They belonged to the Kims family.

Taehyung slowly walked towards his bedroom while thinking hard on how to approach his baby. He didn't want to scare his mate but at the same time he knew he can't starve himself forever.

After a minute, he walked inside his bedroom and almost cooed at his mate who was busy in thinking about the game. The furrowed eyebrows and his pouting plump lips made Taehyung go crazy.

Jimin sensed some movement and looked up to see Taehyung walking to him with a smile.

"Taetae, do you know chess? I don't know which coin should I move now." Jimin asked Tae who knew nothing about the game. He had seen humans playing, but this never interested him. His favorite game was hunting for blood.

"Uh, why don't I teach you some other time? Now I need to speak with you." With that being said, Taehyung lifted the chessboard and placed it on the bed. He mentioned the confused Jimin to sit on the bed beside him, who immediately obeyed like a good boy.

Taehyung's eyes locked with Jimin who was having his head tilted in one side waiting for the other to continue.

"Ugh, Jimin, do you know about v-vampires?" Taehyung asked and looked for any reactions from his mate. But the other was calm and showed no change in emotions.

"I have seen them during Halloween. Why? You are going to dress up like one? But Halloween is not near for almost four months?"

Though Taehyung loved his mate sometimes he wished to knock some sense into Jimin's head. He didn't have a count on how many times he had literally banged his head on the wall while having conversation with his mate.

But that's what he adored in his baby. His innocence. He knew it would be death of him, but he didn't want it that soon.

"When Jungkook said he is a vampire and a monster, you told him that he is not right? So you accept Jungkook being a vampire?" Taehyung didn't failed to notice Jimin's consoling words to Jungkook when the other had a talk with Namjoon.

"I hate to see Jungkookie crying, Taetae. And I don't know what and how vampires are. But Jungkook is not a monster." Taehyung carefully listened to his mochi's words and waited for him to ask what he wanted.

"Will you be okay if I am vampire? Will you see me as a monster?"