1832

I am in front General Lamarque's house with students and listening to what they have to say and so is Benny. He is there to protect me and make sure nothing happens to me. Bernadette is with Uncle Vajean and Cosette walking the square. Browsing the little shops there and seeing what they have to offer. I look next to me and I see Éponine. See I have no problem with her or her little brother. I love her and her brother.

Students/Beggars: Look down and show some mercy if you can! Look down, look down, upon your fellow man! Courfeyrac: When's it gonna end? Beggar 1: When we gonna live? Joly: Something's gotta happen now! Beggar 2: Something's gotta give! Students/Beggars: It'll come, it'll come, it'll come... It'll come, it'll come, it'll come...Julius: Where are the leaders of the land? Where are the swells who run this show? Marius: Only one man, General Lamarque Speaks for the people here below!

Marius looks towards Lamarque's house behind him. Enjolras: Lamarque is ill and fading fast -Won't last a week out, so they say. Marius:With all the anger in the land, How long before the Judgement Day? Enjolras: Before we cut the fat ones down to size?Students: Death to the king! ( I won't admit that that hurt) Students: Before the barricades arise? Julius: Tomorrow we will return! Marius: Tell everyone you know. Courfeyrac: We will show them! Combeferre: Lamarque is the only leader on our side! Courfeyrac: We have a right to pray for Lamarque! Joly: We need more people, then the police will not dare ride against  us! Marius: Vive le General Lamarque! Gillenormand: Marius: Marius: Grandfather. Gillenormand: Have you any idea of the shame you bring on our family. Utter disgrace! (Me and Éponine were watching I felt bad for him). Enjolras: Marius. Marius: Vive General Lamarque! Students/ Everyone: Vive La France! Vive La France! Vive La France! Vive La France! Vive La France! Vive La France!