Yoongi×Reader×Hoseok~Cold Heart(1/4)

Y/N’S POV:

Another day, another dinner left cold. I gripped the plate on which the now cold steak lay and placed it in the fridge. I don’t know why I worked so hard to make it when I knew, he wouldn’t be home in time to enjoy it. I wrapped up my cold dinner, which I was planning to eat with him too, and placed it in the fridge. I walked over to the couch in the living room of the big empty house and sat by the fireplace waiting for my husband to return home. Before I knew it I was out like a light.

I woke up when I felt a cold shiver run down my spine as I felt goosebumps line the skin of my bare arms. The fire had died out and the lights were also out. I checked my phone to see the time, 2.00 AM. Was he not home yet? I walked up the stairs and saw Yoongi sleeping on the bed, still dawning his work attire. He must’ve been really tired.
I shuffled over and removed his socks and tie and watch. I’ve been his wife for 5 years now, stinky socks is something I’ve learned to deal with over time. I also sensed the reeking smell of alcohol from his breath. Must’ve gone to the bar with the guys from his office. At least he could’ve told me, then I wouldn’t have put so much effort into making him dinner. I unbuttoned his shirt, as I knew he liked to sleep comfortably. When I was folding his shirt and keeping his belongings away I noticed a bruise on his neck. I leaned over to take a closer look and realized what it was.

It was a hickey.

My eyes brimmed with tears as I held my breath to not make any noise. I entered the bathroom and sank to the floor, leaning against the door, burying my head in my knees. I knew this time would come at some point, I just didn’t expect it to be so soon.

Me and Yoongi met in university. He was my first love, and I really thought he would be my last. The last 5 years of marriage had been rough. I gave him all my love, but he was still cold and distant. Talking had reduced from chatting about literally everything to a simple “I’m going be late home from work” between us. I loved him unconditionally but I didn’t feel the same being returned.

Over the last year or so it had gotten worse. I once even found an earring in the back of his car, and he claimed that he had bought it as a present for me. He often came home smelling like women’s cologne but I didn’t question it. It wasn’t because I was naïve. It was because I loved him so much that I didn’t wanna let him go. But now my suspicions were confirmed.

I tried to desperately steady my breathing and stood up and looked in the mirror. I then reached over to the drawer and picked up the pregnancy test I has stashed away. I stared at the two lines etched onto it. I was going to break it to him tonight. He always used protection with me because he told me he didn’t want kids. But I guess that one night we had when he had launched himself at me after he came back drunk caused this. I didn’t care if it was an accident. Because I wanted a baby. I never really complained since he didn’t want one.

I was thinking about how to address the situation at hand. I needed to let him know. I decided that I would reveal everything to him at our anniversary dinner. And maybe question him about his hickey the same night too. I ended up sleeping in the guest room that night, because I didn’t wanna be anywhere near that lying man.

NEXT DAY

Yoongi had just left for work after eating only half of the eggs and sausages I had made him. I picked up my phone and called the one person in this world who cared about me, Yoongi’s friend, but who had grown closer to me now, Hoseok.

“Hey Y/N, good morning”
“Hi Hobi”
“Wassup?”
“Ummm nothing… are you busy?”
“Actually no, I was just gonna head out and get some coffee”
“Oh perfect can you meet me at café xxx in 10 minutes, I wanna talk to you.”
“Sure… you okay?”
“yeah… I’ll see you there”
“Okay byee”

I grabbed my phone and straightened out my attire and headed out. I saw him waiting at a table and joined him there.

“Hi Y/N, what happened?”
“I’m pregnant.”
“W-what?!” He said choking on his coffee.
“It’s true…”
“It’s Yoongi’s… right?”
“Yeah of course, who else’s would it be?”
“No it’s just, I thought you guys weren’t that close anymore…”
“Yeah but it happened…”
“You need to tell him Y/N I know he may seem cold, but maybe if you tell him— ”
“I think Yoongi’s cheating on me”
“WHAT?!”
“Hobi shush people are staring”
“Sorry, but seriously what?!”
“I think its been happening for a year, they were always subtle things but after seeing a hickey on his neck last night…”
“I’m so sorry Y/N”
“It’s not your fault is it? But I am gonna confront him tonight.”
“If you ever need anything Y/N I’m just a phone call away…”
“Thank you so much Hobi I don’t know what I would’ve done without you.”
“Anything for you Y/N” He mumbled into his coffee cup.

I sipped on my coffee dreading to talk to him tonight.