Namjoon~Love Yourself

💖

Y/N'S POV:

My palms were sweaty and my heart beat at 180 bpm. Yeah I know, that’s not normal. But you would be in my shoes too if your lifelong dream was finally coming true. I shifted my gaze from my feet to the man only a few meters away from me. My role model, my life, my first crush, my inspiration to live life to the fullest every day, Kim Namjoon.

My mom had saved up and had finally gotten me a ticket to the BTS fan meet that was going on in Seoul. I cried the whole night when my mom broke the news to me. I loved all the members equally. I didn’t hate on any of them. They were all angels to me. But a certain someone had always caught my eye. That certain someone being, the leader, RM. His words inspired me and drove me away from my toxic friends and brought me out of my shell and taught me to not let my insecurities ruin my life.

What insecurities may you ask? I have a disease from birth. I don’t want to get to scientific here, but it causes immense hair loss. Which is why I had to shave my hair off completely. No I did not have cancer, I can’t even compare my condition to the immense pain cancer patients go through. My disease was nothing compared to cancer. But it did cause hair loss and I had a weak immune system.

My whole life, I was bullied for always wearing a beanie to class. Then one day, one of the popular attention-seekers from school had pulled off my beanie and had revealed my bald head to everyone is class. The word spread like fire throughout the school, and soon I was a mocking mess. Everyone called me “baldie” for a year. I tried to ignore it as much as I could. I tried to “Love Myself” like Namjoon said, but I couldn’t take it. I soon transferred to another school, but this time I wore a wig to school. The wig was very uncomfortable, but I didn’t want to go through the same mess again.

The new school was a bit different. I went through some new experiences like a few people complimenting me and telling me “I looked beautiful”. I was confused and questioned my mom. And she, who has always been straight forward to me, because she loved me to death, told me that it was never the people who are different, but it’s the fact that society judges you based off of your looks. It might seem a little harsh, but I’m glad my mom told me the harsh reality of this world earlier on rather than sugar-coating it for me. This made it far less painful when my “so-called friends” revealed their true colors to me.

I was brushing my hands through my wig in remembrance when I was broken from my daze as I felt an unknown presence behind me tap my shoulder.

“It’s your turn next, please move ahead, you’re holding up the line.”

My eyes widened as I instinctively stumbled back at the realization. I failed to notice the staff member standing beside me who was holding a giant light panel. I bumped into them which caused the light panel to shake vigorously. I watched in horror as the heavy metal instrument began tipping towards Namjoon, who was seated on the first chair at the fan meet. He was busy talking to the fan in front of me, his dimples shining brighter than they ever could.

I did the first thing that came to my mind on instinct. I dove towards Namjoon and shoved him off his chair. I watched as he fell to the ground and Yoongi, who was seated next to him looked behind in horror.

I yelped out a sharp cry as I felt a stinging pain from my left foot being crushed underneath the weight of the heavy lighting equipment. I could feel the blood flow being blocked from reaching my foot as I started to see spots in front of my eyes from the intensifying pain. I already realized that my wig had long left my head. Tears started to brim in my eyes as I wanted to shut myself out from all the embarrassment and pain. The last thing I heard were the screams of other fans and the last thing I felt was the metal on my numb leg slightly budging as darkness settled from my peripherals, until I was out like a lamp.

I woke up to a brightly lit room and the sound of a periodic ‘beep’ sound. I looked around me, my heartbeat slowly picking its pace, as I desperately searched for the familiar face of my mother. I then noticed another unknown presence in the room. She was a nurse, I watched as she left the room. Seconds later, my mom entered the room, a worried expression written all over her face.

“Y/N!! Oh my god are you okay? Is it hurting? Can you move your leg?” my mom said.

“Mom! Mom! Calm down, it’s okay, it’s nothing…” I said.

“Oh my poor baby. You should be more careful. What is something really bad had happened. You know you’re the only one I have right?” she sniffled.

“I know mom… I’m sorry…” I said looking down.

“Don’t be honey… I was just worried about you.” She said smiling.

We were interrupted by a little knock on the door. I expected a nurse to come in but my heart stopped when I saw another man’s face peeking through the door. His face too familiar to be real. His voice resonating clearly in my ears, the same voice who sings me to sleep every night, the same voice who sings to me through my earphones every time I feel lonely.

“May I come in?” he said.

“Sure” my mom said smiling.

My movement was quick. Quicker than I’ve ever run track in my life. Quicker than when my mom tells me she got me McDonald’s takeout, home for dinner. I reached towards my beanie to cover my head as my wig was peeking out of my bag, which was out of reach. But unfortunately for me, the beanie fell out of my grasp onto the floor, and it slid underneath the hospital bed. Abort mission Y/N!

I grabbed the covers of my blanket and hid myself underneath. Yes, I know shouldn’t be embarrassed about this, but it’s easier said than done, especially by someone who looks like a god damn fallen angel.

I heard my mom’s muffled voice speak, “I’m sorry, she’s just embarrassed about—”

“I understand ma’am.” His deep voice said.

I soon felt a presence nearing my cocooned form. I felt a hand lift the blanket off of my head. I kept my gaze fixed on my lap as I felt my cheeks heat up. I flinched when I felt a warm finger on my chin, gently nudging me to lift my gaze.

I looked up and met the most beautiful eyes in this world. My first crush, and my life, all reflected through his beautiful deep brown orbs. I could see the warmth and compassion behind them. I was at a loss of words.

“Are you okay?” his deep voice laced with concern, brought me back to reality.

“Y-yes” I said nervous. “Mom, can you give me my beanie?” I said addressing my mom covering my face with my hands. My mom got me my beanie an I put it on immediately.

“Hey listen, I just wanted to say thank you for saving me.” He said reassuringly grabbing my hand in his.

“N-no problem” I stammered.

Then he reached over and pulled my beanie off with one swift movement. Before I could react, he held my hand close to his chest, while his other hand rested lightly on my left leg which was in a cast. “Remember, you’re beautiful the way you are, promise me you’ll always love yourself.”

He held out his pinky which I entangled with mine. “Promise” I said my eyes moistening.

“Well I have to go now, thank you again for helping me.” He said smiling warmly. “Oh and I also got everyone’s autograph for your album.”

“Thank you so much, this means so much to me.” I said watching him leave the room.

“Anything for ARMY.” He said finally exiting the room.

💖