Chapter 1 : A New Look

In front of Harry lay a boy, the one his eyes always followed, the one whose scowl was buried deeply into his eyes, the one whose name made his whole muscles tighten in awareness, the one who with just one word drew his focus, attention, eyes and thoughts to himself, the one who harry almost burnt to death.

Draco lay on the wet bathroom floor, the water pooling around him. His own blood seeping out of his burns and mixing in the water beneath. The skin which was moments ago as pale and smooth as jade, now looked red and black with cripples on it like wrinkled cotton. His ragged breath echoed in the enclosed space, serving as a witness to his pain and life seeping away.

For an instant, something like relief shone in his eyes. Relief - that he didn't need to suffer anymore, that the act he so much wanted to do but was too scared to perform was, now, gifted to him by someone else.

Maybe he thought this was his last deed. Maybe not.

No witness was present to tell us ultimately what those emotions in his eyes told.

The only other person was too lost to recognise even himself. So the only hope we have is if the person himself survives.

Maybe he will tell us.

Harry stared at the Draco. His eyes were blank and his thoughts had the picture of Draco crying before he made his appearance.

Harry stumbled back with a jolt as his body was pushed backwards and Snape ran to Draco.

His eyes panicked before changing to anger as he looked at Harry, saying, "Have you done enough damage? If so, please leave, Mr. Potter, and return to your dormitory."

The words were spat out by Snape as his whole being exuded furious anger. He would have hexed Harry if not for the barely breathing Draco.

These words, as if a spell, finally bought Harry's consciousness back to his head, enabling him to react. He realised that many students had gathered outside out of curiosity about the loud noises.

Scared as they already were, this commotion caused by him and Draco drew much attention. He took a step back followed by another and soon his boots were hitting the stone floor one after the other in rapid succession as he ran. His mind was a mess.

With disoriented thoughts, confused emotions and a lost sense of direction, he ran.

That was all he could do at the moment. Desperate, as if the answer for his erratic turmoil lay just beyond.

When Harry finally came to a stop, he was exhausted and heaving heavily. His muscles burned and calves wobbled but that did nothing to draw his attention, even temporarily.

Harry stood there, as still as a statue, bathing in moonlight spilling out of the huge windows, drowning his body with it.

He did not understand what he was feeling, did not understand his own emotions.

Was that even possible? Questions jumbled in his head. Why was Draco crying? What happened? What was he himself feeling? It was as if the arrows were shot but without an aim.

Was it guilt that made his throat clog up and heart squeeze? Guilt? Sympathy? Anger? Hate? Resentment?...No. It was none of these. It was entirely different or maybe a well stirred potion made of all of these.

Harry sat down on the hard ground, head leaning on the evenly checkered glass of the window beside him.

He remembered how broken and helpless Draco looked minutes ago. Body burnt, heart shattered and soul torn, just laying there. Harry did not want to sympathize with him. He did not want to feel guilty. After all, it was Draco who attacked first. He was the one harming and killing people and supporting the dark lord. It was him who bore the mark. Harry was just defending himself. But what he thought and what he saw did not match. Was what he saw true or just another farce?