Chapter 5 - Zulf (زلف)

Arif's POV

A burden was finally lifted off from me. I felt lighter and happier. I always felt that I am a mistake for even thinking to come between the 'perfect couple'. Thats what had always stopped me from even thinking about anything more with Laiba. Ok who am I kidding, I still couldn't stop about fantasising of the idea of me and her...but it did make me feel so bad and low for thinking that, now I don't feel bad to let my mind dream. Of course, I still have allot to do before turning my dream into reality, but I feel like I'm already a step closer.

Earlier today she came home, thanks to my new work I missed out on the chance to see her. But then again thanks to my luck she had forgotten her bag here and that gave me an opportunity to go see her.

'Trrrrrng' the landline in the sitting area ringed.

"Hello?" Came non others but her voice, Laiba's voice.
I could hear by her voice that she was worried about something. And to what I know I'm sure she is worried about her bag. I shake my head to myself, this girl is always forgetting things where ever she goes.

"Hello?" She questioned to see if anyone could hear her again.

"Hello"

"Asalamulaykum arif bhai"

"Walaykumasalam. Kesi ho Laiba"
I spoke to her normally after ages, the past couple of years I really tried to avoid her, burying any feelings I had. Which had effected my interaction with her.

"Me theek hu, aap sunaein"

"Me bhi theek, Kya hua is waqt call?" I asked her even though I knew exactly what she has called for right now.

"Bhai woh mera na bag rehgaya waha..hum logo ki ek university event araha hai..recycling pe..you know like helping the environment..making it sustainable wagerah wagerah..tho humarey group me se, me uska poster banarahi hu, or woh kal due hai...aur mera sara saman is bag me hai...joh me apkeyaha bhoolgayi"

"Aram se saas tho lelo"

"Theek, kehne ka matlab yeh hai..keh itni raat ko me nahi asakti na...aur sarey mulazim bhi gaye...aap ya bilal me se koi please leaye..pleaseee"

She asked pulling the word please long. Damn! she always manages to make my heart skip a beat.

"Abhi tho Bilal sogaya hoga..kal leayega" I said to annoy her, she becomes ten fold more adorable when annoyed.

"Arif bhaiiii...pleaseeee naa, kya apko acha lageyga ke sab apney poster lagrahe ho aur sirf humarey group ka poster nahi ho? aur phir Bilal dantey mujhe purey group ke saamney...ache waley bhai ho na app tho mere....bhaiiiii pleaseeeeee na" she wined.

"haha, acha me araha hu..mujhe akey tumse ek baat bhi karni hai..."

I was thinking to confess to her, before I told anyone else I wanted to make sure I told her and had her consent to my proposal.

"Jee batein kya baat karni hai?"

"akey karta hoon, bus abhi se ek baat kehdu..agar joh me puchu uska jawab woh na ho joh me chahta hu, tho mujhse naraz nahi hona.."

"Arif bhai, me aur apsey naraz? me bhala kisi se bhi naraz hui hoon?..esa bhi kya puchna hai?....itna suspense kyu dalrahein hein?..acha nahi hongi naraz bus mera bag leayega"

"lata hu" I chuckled and we ended the call.

-----

I was outside her house, her bag next to me in the passenger seat. And I literally felt like I was going to faint when I begin talking to her. Damn it! I didn't even consider how hard it will be to confess. This whole time I spent all my effort hiding my feelings, now I've mastered that so well that I am struggling to express anything.
What should I say?
How should I say it?

Intekhaab✔️जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें