Chapter 21 - Taaruf (تعارف)

The next day Pareesa and her family came to visit the honeymoon return couple. They were also given their gifts. And most of the gifts bought were for their daughter anyways so they took that too. After spending a couple of hours together, Pareesa took Laiba aside and had a more confidential conversation with her, asking whether she'd consummated the marriage. Laiba the usually talkative shamelessly girl was too shy to say. Her face shaded red and her eyes grew huge at every detail Pareesa asked for. Pareesa wanted to know as an older sister to Laiba how her relationship had advanced, and she was willing to give her tips if she was struggling. But Laibas beetroot face gave away allot more then a silent face usually does.

Later on in the day, Pareesa had left for her house and now everyone was preparing for tonight. Tonight Arif and Laibas Walimah was to be held. That too in the big hall of the haveli attached to the back garden. All morning decorations were being done.

A few professionals were called to get Laiba ready too. And Arif, well he was kicked out of his own room, he was told he cannot see his wife till she's ready now. His clothes were placed in a guest room, a room which was once given to his mother years ago for just a day. The room was now well furnished and often used as a proper guest room. But anyways, his outfit was placed there and he was instructed to get ready within the next hour.

Arif was getting dressed, buttoning up his shirt when a loud knock boomed against his door.

"It's open" he said permitting the knocker in.

"Bhai bhai ..hugh hugh"

"Saas lelo yar pehle" Arif said looking at a panting Bilal.

Bilal leaned over his knees catching his breath.

"Yeh woh Laiba ke liyeh gaajrey mangaye the aapne..jaldi usey dedein..issey pehle woh neeche ajaye... abhi woh tayar hogayi hai aur uske beautician bhi chalygaye.. jaldi jaein." He threw the box for Arif to catch.

"Tayar hogayi? Kesi lagrahi hai?" Arif goofily smiled and Bilal gave him a look of displeasure.

"It's laiba bhai what do you expect ...kitna bhi tayar hojaye bandari hi lageygi" Bilal complemented like a true brother earning a slap on the head from his brother.

"Bhai jaldi jaein" Bilal said ruffling his head from where he just got slapped.

"Huh? Han" Arif said.

He ran through the corridors till he reached his room. Looking here and there to make sure the coast is clear he sneaked into the room seeing the door slightly ajar.

There she was sat on the dressing chair. With her pastel blue, heavily embellished in pearls work, floor length dress surrounding her. Her makeup was done sparkly; silver glitter on her eye lids with black kohl smoking it out, with a nude lipstick that had a tnit of red painted over her full lips, little blusher was added to the apples of her cheeks, topped with a glowy highlighter that had been dusted on her cheek bones and few other high features of her face, her lashes were coated with mascara making them look more voluminous. For jewellery she had been adorned with two sparkly white gold necklaces, a choker one and a much longer one, matched with her big round stud like earrings and a big tikka centred on her forehead. Her dupatta was set in the middle of her head draping backwards, and weave was applied into her short hair, making it appear as if she has back length wavy hair, allot like what her was like. The first to strands of her hair were pleated and set back, whilst the rest flowed under the transparent veil covering her back and some of it came to her front resting on her shoulder.

Sitting in front of the dressing table she looked here and there to make sure no one was here. She got up and checked herself out a little more. A pleasant smile made its way to her lips.
"Oh my gosh is that you laiba, hey pretty girl" she winked at herself, flirting with herself.

Intekhaab✔️जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें