Chapter 27 - Tasawur (تصور)

They fell in a silence not processing the information, they turned their head looking at each other and squealed in joy.

Their whole way back from the hospital Arif became extra cautious for Laiba. Once in the car they both rejoiced over some roadside ice cream.
"I'm going to be a dad"
"I'm going to be a mum....and wait omg this means my soup was a success" she jumped in realisation again.

"Aram se Aram se" Arif sat his over excited wife down again.

He looked at her, cupped her face in his hands and placed a kiss on her forehead. He placed a hand on her belly and pecked her lips quickly and whispered an "alhamdullilah".

The next morning they broke the news to the rest of the family who also beamed in joy. They all started taking extra care of Laiba and started schooling both the new parents that it's time they grew up now.

Qirat informed Falak and her husband too, who came rushing down to the haveli. After several mubarakbaads and duas the family left the couple alone at night.

Laiba stood in front of the dressing table mirror looking at her stomach. She kept running her hands over it trying to communicate to the foetus. Her belly then felt another pair of hands run over it. Non others then Arifs. He stood behind her trying to feel his baby too.

Laiba turned her head his way.
"What do you want it to be? A girl or a boy?"

"Hmmph" he inhaled her freshly showered hair.
"Whatever Allah gives"

"Obviously but like you'd want to have a specific one first right?" She asked again.

"A girl..one just like you"he kisses her cheek.
"What do you want?"

"A boy. I want my baby to live with me forever and ever and ever. He's going to be my strong baby boy, and he will have 9 more brothers, who will all be fully trained in martial arts and together me and my kids oh we will kick ass" she painted a picture and enjoyed the view.

"Haha, what if we get all girls?" He questioned, he asked lightly but he was a little concerned to, would she not like it if they had girls.

"Well then they'd all be trained in martial arts, and will also kick ass, but in style, let's face it girls have better style then boys...it's like they'd be a more hygienic, prettier army of martial art kids...I kind of want girls now...ukh! I can't decide what I want!"

"Haha stop pressurising your tiny brain, come let's go to bed, I'm sure my baby would appreciate a relaxed body to live in" he pulled her along to bed.

He laid down and pulled her closer into him and slept. She too gained the peace his body somehow gave to her and went to sleep.
——

It was the later half of the first trimester of Laibas pregnancy and she was on full research mode. With the help of Safiya she was making notes on how to get the baby to optimum health. Safiya enjoyed her company too and was more then happy to help.

Currently the two sat down to watch an informative documentary on child birth. But ended up watching a drama instead, thanks to laibas quick loss of interest in boring documentaries.
They watched a drama called 'diyar-e-dill', it was a familial drama involving family drama, the protagonists were cousins who got tied down into marriage. Both the girls could relate in their own way, since the both married their cousin. And an idea bobbled in Laibas mind.

Intekhaab✔️जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें