Epilogue

Shiza turns five today. Pareesa had thrown her a lavish birthday party. She decorated her entire house pink and had a powerpuff girls theme going on since that was her daughters favourite cartoon. The five year old wore a pastel blue dress, similar to her favourite character, bubbles. There were several balloons set up and also a trampoline for the kids. The entire Khan family along with several other relatives were invited to the party.

After giving their only sisters only daughter great gifts Arif and Bilal returned back to their own fathering duties, since their wife's were more busy enjoying the party.

Congratulating the child and her parents Laiba ran off to the trampoline herself. Using Huzaifa as an excuse, she took him to the trampoline and acted to be there for the children's safety, but really she was plying busy jumping about herself.

Huzaifa, Hadi and Shiza were a close knit friends group of their own. Shiza being the oldest was the mischievous leader of the group and the other two were the obedient followers. The three kids ran around the room plying their own game whilst other childeden and Laiba occupied the trampoline.

Arif held Ali his one year old son and was sat on one of the several patio tables laid out. Next to him sat Qirat and Bilal who tended to a pregnant Safiya sat in between them. It had been two years since Zaakir passed away causing the family great trauma, but now the good days were coming again. And though they missed Zaakir immensely, they began learning there's still more to life.

A huffing Laiba came to the table "Hhunff..hmuma muma.."

"Aram se beta. Paani pilo pehle" Qirat forwarded a glass of water to Laiba.

Gulping down the water laiba caught her breath.
"Mujhe jelly khani hai..pari appi bacho me baatrahi thi..me leke arahi hu aur me bolungi apne mangay hai ok" laiba quickly pecked Qirat's cheek and ran back. Leaving the adults at the tables laugh at her, she didn't behave like a mother of two kids even now. And they all admired that, that she still had her childish spark left in her.
——

After the party when all the guests had left the khans stayed back to just talk with Pareesa and hang out with her for a bit. The children were all put to sleep in shizas room. where the 'trouble trio'; Shiza, Huzaifa and Hadi were deep a sleep drooling on the bed. Ali was now asleep in Qirat's lap and because there was no cot he stayed with adults downstairs. They all talked a while and then left off for the haveli as it got late.

Qirat held Ali whilst she sat in the front seat next to Arif who was driving the first car, with Laiba laid at the back, exhausted from the party. Whilst in the second car; Bilal drove next to Safiya and the two cousin brothers were sat at the back as they vowed not to travel apart from each other.

Safiya and Bilal arrived to the haveli first. Carrying both the sleeping boys, Bilal put them in their bunk bed of their shared room and Safiya followed him tucking the kids in properly. When the kids were out to bed Bilal and Safiya shut the light and went right to their own room. After changing clothes they both lay on their bed. She held his large hand in her own hands.
"Apko kya lagta hai?"

"I think beti hogi" Bilal answered.

"Mujhe bhi yahi lagraha hai" she smiled back to him.

"I want her to be just like you" he flicked her nose.

Causing her to go all blush pink again. She was so comfortable with him now but still the slightest complement gave her the butterflies.

Arif had took a little detour since Qirat wanted to buy something from the pharmacy. Stopping at the pharmacy he picked up the medicines his mother had ordered and came back to the car. He then drove  to the haveli, seeing Bilals car parked they knew he had come home. Qirat got off the car and took Ali with her. Ali was closest to Qirat, since Zaakir passed away, Ali had been her distraction and slowly she became used to him. she carried him up to her room where Ali would sleep with her.

Arif parked the car to the side after dropping Qirat off close to the haveli door.
"Laibaa uthjao" he said to his wife who was knocked out on the back seats.
In response all he got was a "uhmm".

He got off and opened the back door for her to drop into his arms. She was leaning against the back door as she slept and as soon as he opened it she fell back.
"Arifffff soney dein" she whined with her eyes shut.

But her eyes opened when her body felt the cold breeze. "Itni thand kyu horahi hai" her teeth clattered as she sat up.
He chuckled as he got a deja vu.

Pulling his jacket from his arm he put it around her. As his arms went over her putting the jacket on her shoulders, she leaned into him giving him a hug and goofily smiled.
" i love you" she mummed.

"I know. Come let's go now" he backed out of the hug and she pouted.

She again put her hands over his shoulders and he knew exactly what she was demanding.

"Laiba I can't carry you anymore.."

"But I said I love you" she rolled her eyes offendedly.

"But still yar moti hogayi ho abh tum"

"Allah maafi apne aap ko dekha hai. Do bache mene paida kiya mera tho hona jaiz hai..ap kyu awein motey hogaye" she poked his belly and rolled her eyes.

He laughed at her how she was now fully awake to argue with him about this. Both of them sure were beginning to get the parenting weight. Her hips went wider, chest grew heavier and a layer of fat was distributed over the rest of her body. He on the other hand was pretty much the same but had a bit of the dad tummy showing and an occasional double chin made an appearance.

"Acha Chalo come on my piggy back" he kneeled a little and she quickly hopped on.

"Koi dekhega tho kya socheyga.." he spoke as he moved up the stairs looking here and there making sure no one sees.

"Yahi ke Laiba trained her man well" she giggled leaning her head against the back of his shoulders.

He nodded his head at his wife's blabbering and dropped her on the bed.
"Owww" she winced only to be responded with a chuckle.

He began changing his clothes as she she lazily lay in the bed and gazed him up and down.

"Kaprey badalo" he told her whilst changing his own.

They both changed and lay down, intertwined their hands and just gazed at each other in comfort before sleep took over.

Everyone residing in Khan haveli slept through that peaceful night. With the satisfactions in their heart that they had each other for both good and bad times. Such satisfaction brought them all an unknown strength. They prayed for their unity to remain no matter the circumstances, since any happiness only comes to them when they're united.

Muskaraney ka fun tho baadh ka hai
Pehley saath ka intekhaab karo
-Bakul Dev
———

A/N;

omg guyssssss I cannot believe I killed off Zaakir 😩😭. Lol I needa relax but damn I miss him he was one of my several split personalities after all lol.

Anyways...oof. Well I was like let's give em an epilogue, so here I am. Also @nihashamim1 ka huqam tha tho..bus karna para 😅🙏.

As of now ...I've posted up the first few chapters to SITAMGAR why not check it out 🤓.

Also, Happy new year y'all!

-KMH

🎉 आपने Intekhaab✔️ को पढ़ लिया है 🎉
Intekhaab✔️जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें