4 | something absolutely unacceptable

Y/N's POV

"Shut the fuck up, will you?" Losing my patience, I finally snapped at the girls sitting in front of the classroom, openly whispering and pointing at me.

It had been way too long with them always laughing and making fun of my skin and looks. I couldn't take it any longer.

"What do you guys even get out of acting like such prickly bastards, huh? Is it really that fun to always point fingers at me and snicker amongst yourselves like the sick individuals you are?" I looked around the class as all of a sudden everyone seemed to look down, as if they'd found something very interesting near their feet.

I laughed. "Why's everyone looking down now? Why, are you afraid you're gonna catch a disease even by talking to me, is that it?" I yelled, clenching my fists. "If that's what you are worried about then don't be. Your minds are already so sick and diseased and repulsive that even skin issues as unsightly as mine won't affect you!"

Grabbing my bag, I stomped out of Korean Literature class and rushed towards the Fashion Studies class.

This was the only place in the whole university where I didn't need to worry about being judged for my skin and for the way I looked.

Ironic right?

The teachers loved me, plus, I was sort of known in the entire department for my acumen in fashion and design.

Mock fashion shows were held almost every month to display students' creativity and most of the students were generally too busy designing and coming up with new, never-seen-before cuts and silhouettes to even notice what my face looked like.

The students here weren't all from the rich and chaebol families either. The fashion design major was a balanced mix of students from all sorts of financial backgrounds which kept the overall energies positive since they didn't go around acting proud and snobbish and looking down at other people.

Everyone here had an aim—something to do and somewhere to be at all times—since they knew that in order to be successful designers in an industry as fast moving as the South Korean Fashion Industry, they were going to have to give their all.

Life here was always moving. No one had time to stand by the lockers and gossip and giggle about others' misfortune.

"Hello, Professor Han," I bowed to our professor who looked slightly surprised by my changed appearance but nevertheless smiled kindly at me like always.

"You seem to have a friend waiting for you already, Miss Lee." He spoke as I immediately turned my head to see who it was and of course, there he was, Jeon fucking Jungkook—the living bane of my existence, sitting on my desk smirking at me like the biggest fool on the planet.

"I knew it." I muttered under my breath, glaring daggers at him as I walked up to my seat and sat down beside him.

"Knew what?" Jungkook flashed me an indulgent smile, unfazed by the proximity as he leaned in closer, lights dancing in his big, brown eyes.

"That it was going to be you. No one else in this university is allowed to sit in a class they don't even take."

"That's right," He nodded. "But coming from your mouth it makes me feel extremely special."

I rolled my eyes. There he goes again, making himself to be the god that everyone thinks he is.

"Whatever Jungkook. Others might forget that you're only given this special treatment because of your dad but I don't."

"That's not what I meant though," Jungkook propped one of his elbows in the desk, turning completely to look at me as I stared hesitantly at Professor Han who continued smiling and ignoring the two of us, as if he wasn't seeing anything Jungkook was doing.

"I actually meant—ugh—" He groaned, making me frown as I tried my best to keep up with the theme that Professor Han was explaining for our upcoming year-end fashion show.

"Don't waste my time, Jeon." I gritted my teeth as he cleared his throat.

"You—um—you saying that you already knew it was me...that was what made me feel special." His voice trailed off towards the end as my pencil halted.

Blinking at him, I noticed that he was close enough to me for our mouths to touch if he dared move any closer.

"Ya-Yah!" I stuttered, my cheeks heating up. As much as I hated him, I wasn't used to seeing him from so up close.

Jungkook was extremely handsome as it is, but now his already perfect skin seemed even more perfect than it did earlier. The white lights reflecting off of his jaw made his slightly tan skin shimmer like quicksilver and I could see the little specks of gold glinting in his dark irises as his soft, pink lips parted and then closed silently.

"You should move away." I muttered firmly, pushing him back with my index finger pressed to his chest.

"Why though?"

I gasped as his fingers wrapped around my finger, holding my hand to his chest. Embarrassed, I looked around to see if anybody was staring but everyone seemed caught up in their own work, paying us no attention whatsoever. The fact that we were seated in the back of the classroom also helped.

"Jungkook, I'm warning you. Let go of my hand." I rolled my eyes. "I'm not in the mood for your stupid games."

"But I'm not playing any games. I genuinely want an answer from you and that's all." He shrugged, moving closer again. "Why do you want me to move away?"

His eyes turned to focus on my cheeks as he lifted up his free hand to trace a small heart on my scarred, red cheek. "Is it because of—"

I smacked his hand away, glaring. "Don't touch me." I growled under my breath.

Jungkook stared at me for a second. He almost looked hurt that I'd pushed his hand away.

"This won't do," He muttered slowly as I stared at him confused. Before I could speak anything else or even react to his strange behaviour, he suddenly grabbed my hand and stood up, raising his voice to grab Professor Han's attention.

"Professor, excuse me but I'm afraid I need some time alone with your student." He spoke, dragging me out of my seat. I looked to Professor Han desperately as he shrugged helplessly despite not being too pleased with Jungkook's interruption.

"I hope you know that you can't compromise another student's course, Mr. Jeon. That is something we absolutely won't accept at this university." His voice was calm as he stared at Jungkook but his tone rang with warning.

Professor Han might be old, but he wasn't someone to be messed with.

Jungkook instantly softened. For a second I could see why he was termed as the charmer. "Of course, Professor Han." He sounded uncharacteristically sincere as he looked at him and then at me. "This is the last time such a thing will happen. I assure you."