12 | see yourself through my eyes

Y/N's POV

Blushing, I blinked at him, slightly intimidated by what he was insinuating.

"Erm, no thanks." I shook my head. "You don't need to show me anything. I'll pass."

Jungkook seemed to have some other ideas, though, as he took a step forward, tsking softly.

"Too bad, Y/N. I don't want to pass up this opportunity to actually take a step further in our relationship."

My eyes widened. What? A step forward? We had barely started to go out. Why was he already talking about next steps?

"Funny you should talk about passing up opportunities because I'm sure you'll... pass out if you see me naked." I laughed awkwardly.

Sure, the truth hurt, but it had to be said. To say corny things like 'oh, shut up, you're beautiful' or even 'you're perfect in my eyes' could never be enough because to say and to actually accept others' flaws... it's different.

I wouldn't be attractive to even a blind man and I didn't want to mislead Jungkook into thinking that he was looking at yet another one of those fancy chicks with flawless skin, pouty lips and sexy eyes.

I'd rather call myself ugly and lacking than having to witness him being disgusted by my body. Self-deprecating behaviour usually, in the short run, hurt much less than others' non-acceptance.

Telling yourself that you were out of someone's league was always much more comforting than hearing others tell you that they were out of your league.

And Jungkook—no matter how kind he was being to me right now—always had been and always would be out of mine.

"There you go with that cynical attitude again." Jungkook gained on me, his eyes fixed on mine as if he could see right through them.

"Why can't you see yourself the way I see you, Y/N?" He murmured, stepping closer and closer until I was practically pressed against the edge of his dresser, almost leaning away in case he decided to kiss me again.

I would not be able to handle that again.
But Jungkook didn't want to understand personal space, nor did he pay any mind to decency as he kept on leaning forward until I was trapped in a very vulnerable position between him and his dresser, our legs entangled and his hands resting on either sides of my waist.

"H-how do you see me?" I asked out of sheer curiosity. A small but genuine smile of disbelief mixed with adoration played on Jungkook's lips as he kept his gaze fixed on mine.

"You really... really don't know, do you?" He chuckled, more to himself than to me, leaving me staring at him confused as he shook his head, biting his lip softly.

"Well, how am I supposed to know? I don't read minds, FY—" I began heatedly as Jungkook shushed me, pressing a finger to my lips.

"Shh, you talk too much." Playfully scolding me, he leaned closer until our foreheads were almost touching. "You can't read minds. But you can't read eyes either?" He whispered.

"Can't you see how fucking lovely I think you are?"

My breath caught in my throat as Jungkook kept on speaking, his lips moving softly.

"Do you think a handful of scars and some bloody fucking redness is going to change the way my heart speeds up every time I see you? Or the way that I literally want to kiss the life out of you every time you say you don't like something about yourself? No, Y/N! The things that you're so insecure about, the things that you so deeply hate, I've spent years loving them. I couldn't change how I feel and I don't think I ever will."