8 | rumors and reality

Jungkook's POV

Upon hearing Minjae's little confession, I quirked an eyebrow, turning towards a fuming Somin. "Then may I ask what brings you here except wanting to bullshit me with your stupid, half-witted questions, Somin?"

I stood up. "I see you don't have Dani around. Did she refuse to take part in this stupid plan of yours to confront me? I have to say that's pretty smart of her. But you? Clearly not so much."

Somin looked ready to explode with anger. "You don't know who you're talking to, Jungkook!" She bit out but I couldn't help but laugh.

"Yeah, whatever. I don't care. Just leave and take all of your lapdogs with you." I jerked my chin in the direction of the collected students. "I have more important things to attend to."

Turning around, I looked to see if Y/N was ready yet and she was.

Only she was quietly standing behind the half-opened door, her head lowered. I realised she must be feeling shy to come outside since her face was still considerably red.

"Hey," I whispered, stepping forward and taking her hand. "It's okay. Come outside. I won't let anyone say anything."

"No, Jungkook, it's not that—" She shook her head but I cut her off with a tsking sound and pulled her outside.

Wrapping an arm around her shoulders, I flashed Somin a fake smile. "Now if you will please step aside. We have somewhere to be."

An evil smile crossed Somin's face as she took in Y/N's figure. "And where might that be?" She sneered, looking bitter all of a sudden, her gaze fixed on something as Y/N squirmed under her gaze.

"Are you gonna hump her once more before you dump her?" She chuckled as I heard Y/N draw in a sharp breath.

"Shut up, Somin!" She looked up, glaring at the other girl. "Stop drawing your own conclusions. What you want to think is not always the truth."

"What's the truth then, Ugly Duckling?" Somin stepped forward, giving Y/N a predator's smile. "Don't tell me that just because you have Jungkook standing next to you right now, you think you're all that?"

"Shut the fuck up, Somin." I growled. "Don't go overboard."

"Why?" She questioned. "Why are you getting all worked up, Jungkook? Don't you know yourself? Do you really think you'll be by her side forever?" She snickered. "The moment you've had your fun and throw her away, I'm going to rip this slut's—"

Smack.

I stared at Y/N dumbfounded. Her eyes were alight with anger as she glowered at a shaken Somin who was now cradling her cheek, looking absolutely snide.

"I don't expect much from you, but at least don't lose your decency, Somin." She exclaimed. "I know you like Jungkook but don't go around tormenting others for your own selfish reasons. You can have him for all I care."

What?

No.

"—Y/N, what?" I mumbled gobsmacked as Minjae gave me a pitiful look. Who would have thought that Y/N wouldn't even think twice before pushing me away?

Every girl wanted me while I only wanted Y/N, and yet she'd brushed me off like I didn't matter at all.

For the first time ever in my life, I felt really disappointed in myself. And that feeling of dread increased as Y/N shrugged off my hold, refusing to listen to me.

"You seem to be a better person now, Jungkook. And I'm really thankful for your help but I'm not going to take insults from one of your random chicks for something I didn't even do. She's basically insinuating that you—you and I—"