9 | a strange definition of pretty

Y/N's POV

"You want to...what?" I gaped at Jungkook as he cornered me the next day, looking as handsome as ever, his sweet scent hitting me in the gut as he leaned over me confidently.

"I want to take you on a date. Tonight." He repeated, a small smile tugging at the corners of his lips as he gazed at me intently. "I'll pick you up at six in the evening. Be ready."

I swallowed.

So he wasn't just messing around with me when he claimed that he was my boyfriend yesterday?

This was crazy, and absolutely fucking real.

But what if it was one of his long drawn out pranks?

Surely, he wouldn't do that to me? Not after he'd been so caring towards me. And what about the kiss? I was pretty sure I hadn't just imagined it. He had really kissed me in front of all the students and I had felt the passion and the genuity of his feelings.

He even knew that it was my first kiss. He's sounded pretty elated yesterday, almost as if he were proud that he'd been the one to take it.

Only, my doubtful mind wouldn't let me decide...was it because he genuinely liked me and was just grateful that I'd given him my first kiss, or was it because he had successfully completed one of the steps in his plan to break my heart, just like so many other girls?

"What if I say that I can't go?" I hesitantly questioned, not meeting his gaze.

Jungkook didn't really seem like a person who'd go around breaking hearts on purpose, but his playboy reputation indicated quite the opposite. Still, I wanted to give him a chance.

"Can't go, or won't go?" Jungkook stared at me and I felt myself getting intimidated, my already red cheeks reddening up even more.

Why could he see through every single cover-up of mine?

"Can't go." I insisted. "My skin is in a really bad condition after yesterday's sunburn. I don't think I should go out today." I lied.

"Well, that's why I'm taking you out tonight." Jungkook emphasised. "Last time I checked, the sun doesn't really come out at night." He joked lightly as I blushed.

The idea of spending a night alone with Jungkook sounded incredibly intimate and the way he was looking at me, his eyes full of hope that I'd say yes, didn't make it easy to trust his intentions either.

"Still, if you don't want to go out—" Jungkook paused, his fingers stroking my hair to gently push a strand of my hair behind my ear. "I could always crash at your place. We could watch a movie...maybe you could even offer me some ramen."

"No!" I muttered quickly, blushing abashedly as his face fell in mock sadness. "My parents will be home by that time." I explained. "Also if they come to know that you're trying to hit on their daughter with your stupid 'ramen' innuendos, they're going to kick your flirty ass out to the pavement."

Jungkook grinned. "They're that protective? Damn, that would be challenge for me...but then what parents wouldn't be protective of a daughter as pretty as you. I'm just going to have to convince them that I do really really like you." He whispered as I stared at him open mouthed.

He did not just call me pretty.

Either he was full-on bullshitting me or he really couldn't see clearly.

Nothing about me was pretty.

"You know, you look quite normal..." I mumbled as he raised a brow.

"Just normal?" He smirked.